• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

XX refinish ?

What is the condition of this frame and what generation is it?

My take on a refinish: The XM XX frame is the easiest to find (so least valuable) If you are planning to refinish to a Cerakote black finish what is the point in saving the serial #? I think it makes the frame look cheaper having it there (who cares what the frame colorway use to be at this point). Anyone that knows X-Metals will know its not a fake. As far as value........gonna be about the same IMO (not like the first 5000 produced came with special lenses or different color rubber)

What is the condition of this frame and what generation is it?

My take on a refinish: The XM XX frame is the easiest to find (so least valuable) If you are planning to refinish to a Cerakote black finish what is the point in saving the serial #? I think it makes the frame look cheaper having it there (who cares what the frame colorway use to be at this point). Anyone that knows X-Metals will know its not a fake. As far as value........gonna be about the same IMO (not like the first 5000 produced came with special lenses or different color rubber)

xx019922 is the serial number, nose a bit loose, but all in all they are in good condition, again I'm not bothered about value as will be wearing them so they will pick up some scars over the years.

If you don't care about resale and don't have the box coin and stuff then refinish it however you want.

But if the x man thinks it's perfect the way it is then he will tell you anyway.