• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

XX XM

Fresh

I should Work at Oakley
Mexico City
So a friend of mine gave me his old XX BI, he hadn't used it in a while and the frame looks pretty new, I can't seem to find any shinny spots. There is some wiggle on the nose and the lenses have some scratches, but it is still wearable. My question is, if I should sell it as is or should I keep it. It came with a coin and box but it is not matching, it is serialized (1st gen) and thats it, no papers, extra rubber or else.
I'm interested in a XX Tio 1st gen but having this one for free makes me doubt if I should keep it or sell it. What do you guys think?

IMG_3442.JPG

IMG_3443.JPG

IMG_3444.JPG

IMG_3445.JPG

IMG_3446.JPG

Send that frame to XMan for a custom Ti02 coating job and a tightening...

I would keep it - its hard to beat a free XMXX! ;) (and that was very nice of your friend)

I would at lest wear it until it becomes unwearable, then sell/trade up, or even have that refinished and tuned at the same time.

Funny, I was honestly expecting most answers to be "sell/trade it". I guess I might keep it after all, and just out of curiosity, how much are these worth. I read somewhere that XM finish was the most common model, but as weird as it sounds, this is the model I see less in the exchange threads,any reason for this?

low to mid 3's ... so-so lenses are not worth much, mismatched box is of minimal value, most collectors will likely not value either of these much

If the lenses were clean and the box matched it would be a $400+ piece all day.

But since it doesn't match and it's not a complete set and the fact that it's loose, is the reason why I said to send it to XMan for a custom Ti02 job :)

If they were free, you can get a perfect Ti02 out of it for @ $125 and it will be tight as hell...