• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

XX XM

Seriously tho - I wish we would see more offerings for 'OEM tight' or 'loctite/concrete/tight_as_hell' - both being valid options for your 'tune level'. I can't tell you all how many of these pairs I have had over the years that were just too damn tight to wear. I mean that sincerely, I have lost count. Just something for those offering the services to consider as I doubt I am the only one who prefers OEM/flex.

My apologies for side-jacking the thread. I think its a relevant point that seems to come up often. After all, what good are your 'Metals if they are not comfortable - or even wearable? Do you want them to stay tight forever or be able to wear them comfortably? They were designed that way for a reason.

Seriously tho - I wish we would see more offerings for 'OEM tight' or 'loctite/concrete/tight_as_hell'. I can't tell you all how many of these pairs I have had over the years that were just too damn tight to wear. I mean that sincerely, I have lost count. Just something for those offering the services to consider as I doubt I am the only one who prefers OEM/flex.

My apologies for side-jacking the thread. I think its a relevant point that seems to come up often. After all, what good are your 'Metals if they are not comfortable - or even wearable? Do you want them to stay tight forever or be able to wear them comfortably? They were designed that way for a reason.
I know the feel bro! My X Squared hurts like hell whenever I put them on (the stems sting the side of my head), but once they sit they are comforable and will never fall off. On the other hand my Juliets have the linegear flex coupler and they are much more comfortable to put on, but the flex comes with a cost, they sit a bit loose on my face so it feels like the might fall off with any fast movement. Why can't we get the best of both worlds right?

Last edited:
Keep it OR "pay it forward" by giving it to me for free! I will PM you my mailing address and I will even cover the shipping cost ;). That is a great friend you have. Keep them and enjoy.

Latest Posts

Back