• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

116th "Buys" Of 2013

i'm guessing ya traded with a member from the forums? if that's the case, maybe ask him/her where the pair originated from? i'm leaning towards getting an official opinion from an Oakley store/rep if possible to deduce whether it's the real deal. could just be a lens and icon swap, who knows. but the graphics on the arms are throwing me off. that's just my personal opinion.
yes, he mentioned he got it from eBay

if he originally got them like this, without box/bag/papers with the icons/lens already switched out then i would be a little cautious. but i still highly recommend getting a official opinion on these.

As Jono correctly pointed out, I'm just concerned that the pair doesn't appear to be as subtle in it's design as others I have seen or the pair that I have and I'd hate to see you get stung with a replica.

To me it looks like your pair has grey dots on the crystal frame to give the appearance of the pattern down the ear stem. The examples I'm looking at all have white dots down the crystal frame giving the appearance of the solid body white gradually fading to clear.

just met up with a forum member / Oakley employee today, compared this pair with his STPL and I did see the differences you guys pointed out

Good that ya manage get some sort of confirmation abt the pair. Next step hope you manage to sort out a refund or some sort with the guy you got the pair from