• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

For Sale 24K Juliet

• Thread starter Username Hidden
  • Start date
Username Hidden said:
You are absolutely wrong. First of all a market is made by a buyer and a seller. The buyer is not obligated to pay whatever the seller is asking, and the seller is not obligated to sell at the price that the potential buyer is offering. If they don't meet somewhere in the middle, then each goes their on way, the buyer keeps his money and his desire to one day own whatever the seller was selling, and the seller gets to keep his item and continue to try to find a buyer for it. If his price is too high, and he really needs to sell, then he will lower his price until eventually he will lfind buyers willing to pay whatever he's asking at that time. That Sir is a market.

If the retail price of a Juliet 24K was $450, then anywhere between that number and whatever the seller is asking should be the market value. In some cases (like regular PB1s, and Rust Decay) the value will even be much lower than retail.

As far as "current collector/enthusiast/niche price", we are dealing sunglasses, not gold, silver, or barrels or oil; and it's pretty amazing that they have held so much value considering that the Oakley collector's community is so small, and shrinking by the day (thank you Luxottica). "Value" is on the eye of the beholder. Just because some sucker paid $2K for a Juliet 24K 2 years ago, that doesn't mean that's the correct value for it. It means that he was willing and able at the time to pay that, and probably made a seller roll on the floor and laugh his a$$ off. I think @OakleyFreak 's offer of $1100 is very generous, and seems very logical with current market conditions (specially considering that retail was $450). Anyone who paid 2015 top of the market bubble prices for some pairs, is definitely in a hole and will probably never recover what he put into it (I don't call it an "investment" because this hobby is NOT an investment).

Prices will continue to fall, together with the number of collectors, so brace for impact (if you still own Oakleys, although I believe you already sold all of yours). I wear all my pairs, I've sold the ones that I didn't wear too much, and I like my collection as it stands, so I don't care if the prices of my pairs tumble more than they have. I'm just enjoying what I have

Respectfully, you should have just taken this to my "Cheap People" thread. The arguments you have made have been stated ad nauseum in the other thread. You're missing the Marc. A Buyer and Seller can either agree or disagree on a price for a transaction....there's nothing profound there. I was just referring to 24K Juliets selling for more than $1100 EVEN NOW. And if they lose value "by the day" as you put it, so be it. Either a seller will adjust or he won't. That's their call.

Just because YOU perceive the value at a certain price point doesn't mean it is. Just like it doesn't mean the Seller is right either. Bottom line, some sets like the 24K STILL can fetch what they've been fetching the past couple of years....$1500-$1600 range from what I gather. That was all that I was saying. You're really going to try to give me a "101" on what the definition of a market is? I have respected you as a member and person....but your pompous arrogance is very unbecoming.

Take this into the other thread.

I'm done. Happy Friday all (Friday for those who have tomorrow off that is...for clarification).

Some people reacted to this post.
Sorry all
The $1100 offer is legit
I have no intention of reselling
I want these for my permanent collection.

I dont think $1100 is a low ball offer.
And maybe the seller should go to e bay and get $5000.
Or at least according to some

Now :focus:

As they say in the Movies
Stupid is as Stupid does

So some will continue to overpay for these silly things we call Sunglasses, You now who you are.
Hmm we need a Stupid People thread

How much is the real value of a 24 knjuliet unused and never been display , open the box only for inspection ?

Username Hidden said:
Sorry all
The $1100 offer is legit
I have no intention of reselling
I want these for my permanent collection.

I dont think $1100 is a low ball offer.
And maybe the seller should go to e bay and get $5000.
Or at least according to some

Now :focus:
I didn't consider the offer as a low ball but i state in the post i sell for a friend
I've just chat with him and explain the reality about xmetal price and he decide to let it go for 1200$ all in shipped insured to conus

Username Hidden said:
You are absolutely wrong. First of all a market is made by a buyer and a seller. The buyer is not obligated to pay whatever the seller is asking, and the seller is not obligated to sell at the price that the potential buyer is offering. If they don't meet somewhere in the middle, then each goes their on way, the buyer keeps his money and his desire to one day own whatever the seller was selling, and the seller gets to keep his item and continue to try to find a buyer for it. If his price is too high, and he really needs to sell, then he will lower his price until eventually he will lfind buyers willing to pay whatever he's asking at that time. That Sir is a market.

If the retail price of a Juliet 24K was $450, then anywhere between that number and whatever the seller is asking should be the market value. In some cases (like regular PB1s, and Rust Decay) the value will even be much lower than retail.

As far as "current collector/enthusiast/niche price", we are dealing sunglasses, not gold, silver, or barrels or oil; and it's pretty amazing that they have held so much value considering that the Oakley collector's community is so small, and shrinking by the day (thank you Luxottica). "Value" is on the eye of the beholder. Just because some sucker paid $2K for a Juliet 24K 2 years ago, that doesn't mean that's the correct value for it. It means that he was willing and able at the time to pay that, and probably made a seller roll on the floor and laugh his a$$ off. I think @OakleyFreak 's offer of $1100 is very generous, and seems very logical with current market conditions (specially considering that retail was $450). Anyone who paid 2015 top of the market bubble prices for some pairs, is definitely in a hole and will probably never recover what he put into it (I don't call it an "investment" because this hobby is NOT an investment).

Prices will continue to fall, together with the number of collectors, so brace for impact (if you still own Oakleys, although I believe you already sold all of yours). I wear all my pairs, I've sold the ones that I didn't wear too much, and I like my collection as it stands, so I don't care if the prices of my pairs tumble more than they have. I'm just enjoying what I have

That is why I deal with Mark. He's a sound seller. Look; anyone selling an item is looking to make a few bucks. But; he knows when someone who really wants an item; he will give a fair price.

I was looking for a price for the IH Juliets. Some people were asking 750. Some people were asking in the 500s. Some in the higher 650-700 were not even complete. His point exactly stated. He also isn't arrogant at all. Some sellers are understanding that they want to help out the buyer get a sweet pair of shades. Such as Dallas O hog, Aggie; Xmetal Beast and many others. Some sellers are trying to make top profit( there is nothing wrong with this). My point is don't insult a guy for a solid offer. 1100. TBH that's a really nice offer.
I find it rude David that you think otherwise. He's not saying 800 ;); like that other dude JKJK.

Conclusion; Xmetal Beast has a good reputation for a reason. Because we live close in the Florida region; I have met him personally a few times and will Continue to do business and help him out for things he's looking for. Why; because building an allegiance on the forum is going to help you get reasonable prices for your next pair of frames. It's just smart thinking David; don't burn bridges.

Also; it's cool to meet some Obros along the way.

Steve

PLEASE STOP WITH THE CHEAPOS SHIIIT.
It was worth 1500 plus before bcoz a lot of people are buying, now nobody is so its not worth 1500 any longer geeeeeeeez logic people logic. THESE THINGS ARE NOT WORTH LIKE THEY USED TO BE ACCEPT THAT FACT.

Now if 1100 is it's selling price its up to the seller to sell em or not good luck on selling these hope someone grabs them.

Username Hidden said:
PLEASE STOP WITH THE CHEAPOS SHIIIT.
It was worth 1500 plus before bcoz a lot of people are buying, now nobody is so its not worth 1500 any longer geeeeeeeez logic people logic. THESE THINGS ARE NOT WORTH LIKE THEY USED TO BE ACCEPT THAT FACT.
Damn, PJD.

Sent from Q's Note5