• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

4.0 display case rescue and rebuild / customization

Walter Langkowski

ブンプ
Premium Member
Lifetime Member
Las Vegas Nevada
So I found this beat up 4.0 display case on the way to the scrap yard literally. I seen it in a trailer being pulled by a rusted out ram with all kinds of other scrap I followed the guy and was able to get his attention. I asked him if I could buy the case off him for a price we ultimately settled on 100 for the case and 20 dollars if he would drop it off at my house. He followed me home and I gave him the 120 dollars and unloaded it.

Looks like it had sat outside for a little while there was some rust here there and everywhere the plexi was smashed in the front and the front dented up logo smashed up, none of the lights ended up working but I have a plan for it :)

IMG_4791.jpeg

Last edited:
That was a killer find, and you made quick work breaking it down.

Good luck & cool idea. It will be interesting to see the final outcome!
Yeah I’m kicking around ideas, I still want to keep it a display case so I wanted to be see-through, but I also wanted to be secure so we’re looking at steel mesh some wire grating, plate steel, and some new plexi and a good mig welder lol

image.jpg