• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

90s Oakley Zeros Base Curve?

@kronin323 do you have any idea on base curve on Zeros?

I'm going to take my best guess. I would highly doubt it's as high as 8-8.75 I could measure if you wanna let me borrow. No really though,

I'm going to say they are toric like @"TRUMP" said later. Probably like a mumbo-M... Those are generally in the 6.25-6.75 Base Curve range horizontally (on the 180) but more like 4-4.25 on the 90.

@kronin323 do you have any idea on base curve on Zeros?

I'm going to take my best guess. I would highly doubt it's as high as 8-8.75 I could measure if you wanna let me borrow. No really though,

I'm going to say they are toric like @"TRUMP" said later. Probably like a mumbo-M... Those are generally in the 6.25-6.75 Base Curve range horizontally (on the 180) but more like 4-4.25 on the 90.

Kronin aint around no more:(

I don’t know what the base curve is but I do know how to make a lens and what to use as a donor!!

CE5AE135-EC73-4E45-8AEE-BB6C87222669.jpeg
6B247754-640C-4416-B0B9-D52C46456E56.jpeg
1698294F-9EA6-4C3B-BF04-B488A3BCA61D.jpeg
0F67CEFC-F404-4669-9555-CAEA5B529BCE.jpeg

Base curve has to do with the size of the imaginary spheres that make the lens shape. A very flat faced pair has a low base curve and a wrap has a higher base curve. 6 and 8 are common among lens shields but a friend thought Oakley used 8.75 on them. My lensometer is busted and Id never thought to measure one anyway...but now that im finding it harder and harder to replace them. A buddys uncle used to be an opto and hes got a lens trace duplicator with a couple of shield bucks. They are two states over and my buddy cant competently measure curvature from the labeled bucks for me to compare....so I thought Id see if anyone here knew for sure.

Now for more important matters.....Thats a beauty!
Thats an Oakley lens? They have to be goggle lenses huh? Even my Zero L are too cut down to accommodate their pattern.
Is the silhouette identical? or did you have to modify shape to fit the lens?
Thats an awesome start. no doubt. I wonder if it would be more difficult fixturing and aligning for the engravings though...I could see that step ruining a few lenses :(

Back