• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Am I Missing Something?

Sigh.
I realise the purpose of the thread, but was addressing other people's posts as well as the OP.

In terms of the original post, it's still bollocks. You can still tell Oakley designs apart from fashion brands very easily in the men's range.
The women's range has got way out of hand though, and I would agree that they look too much like hideous frames from Gucci etc. It's been a while since Mrs H really liked a new design in Women's.

But even though I don't like them, the new Oakley stuff is still clearly Oakley.
As an example, off the top of my head, the Crankcase doesn't look like any other brand.

I guess my point is that, sorry mate, but you and your female colleague are just wrong about this. Oakley glasses, whether you like the new designs or not, are still very distinctive from other brands.

My two cents here: Personally I may or may not be in the minority but I happen to like the fact that Oakley is expanding their designs since I happen not to be able to pull off any of the sportier Oakleys that they became famous for. No matter how badly I wanted a pair, none of them looked good on me. Because there are new designs I recently purchased my first pair and I'm happy to finally have some Oakleys in my arsenal of sunglasses and I'm looking closely at a pair of Crankcase for a second purchase.
While I understand that there will be some that are diehards for the old "classic" Oakley design/style, I'm one for them opening the market to more people and more fans.

Sigh.
I realise the purpose of the thread, but was addressing other people's posts as well as the OP.

In terms of the original post, it's still bollocks. You can still tell Oakley designs apart from fashion brands very easily in the men's range.
The women's range has got way out of hand though, and I would agree that they look too much like hideous frames from Gucci etc. It's been a while since Mrs H really liked a new design in Women's.

But even though I don't like them, the new Oakley stuff is still clearly Oakley.
As an example, off the top of my head, the Crankcase doesn't look like any other brand.

I guess my point is that, sorry mate, but you and your female colleague are just wrong about this. Oakley glasses, whether you like the new designs or not, are still very distinctive from other brands.

+1!

i really thought the gist of this thread was bashing oakley for the newer designs they're making, but after your post before this one, i think i changed!

i salute you herbsley as all your posts have been spot on, as always!

Back