• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

And so it begins... Robotic Storefront sighted on eBay

So im pretty sure its illegal to resale oakley items, trading is not.
What would make you think that? It's perfectly legal to buy and sell the majority of Oakley stuff. The only things that I know of with questionable legality to sell are display items (the in-store stuff never meant to be released out of Oakley possession), replica items (fakes), or things sold that fall under other laws like stolen property.

What would make you think that? It's perfectly legal to buy and sell the majority of Oakley stuff. The only things that I know of with questionable legality to sell are display items (the in-store stuff never meant to be released out of Oakley possession), replica items (fakes), or things sold that fall under other laws like stolen property.

Well what do I know except for these inside the stores .... the last line is what I would be talking about

21498.jpeg

So it's how someone interpretation of that, just like you can't resell items from OakleySi same policy.
A policy like that makes sense for SI, since they are sold at a discount. The discount is enough that someone could buy glasses from there and resell them with a markup that is still below retail even though they are BNIB. I see your point though, on sale stuff there is a chance that people could be buying stuff just to resell. In fact that happens here fairly regularly.

Here's how you fix that-
Bring back the lifetime warranty, but make it only valid to the original purchaser and only when registered at the point of sale (in store or online, including authorized resellers). So now if you buy second hand Oakley's you're ****ed out of the warranty. Worth it? Nope. Score one for the mother ship. Would it ever happen? Not a chance. Score one for the scalper.

It's going to be the same story with these as it was the case with the bunkers. Some people will hoard them in the begining, and sell at profit. Since demand is high at first, some people are going to pay way too much to get their hands on one. After a few months they will settle at I'm guessing $250 or so, and demand will be moderate.

Back