• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Anodizing X-Metals by XMC optics

Apparently value is in the eye of the beholder.
Absolutely.

The way I see it once a pair is no longer new/mint/BNIB/LNIB/etc... the value of the pair has already decreased significantly - and that pair is fair game to mod... Add wear and tear on the lenses, rubbers, frames, and time itself to the segment of the market dedicated to repairing and customizing these pairs and that often restores their value to some extent. In dollars and sense it is not likely that you'll get $400, or even $350 for that pair you put $500 into, most of the time, but what was it worth to you while you had it? Maybe you landed a junk pair, cleaned them up and/or refinished them, and sold them for a profit after using them as a cool and unique pair to wear for a while?

So yeah - value is in the eye of the beholder and as subjective as we want it to be.

I, like many others first got into X-Metals because they were different in many ways - many good ways - customizing is one way to maintain that - with or without consideration of monetary value. New combinations and coloways are not only an expression of how a valuable a pair is to the individual/owner, but evidence that the spirit of X-metals is alive and well! :D

Ok so here are some pics of my Gold Anodized Juliet frame. This started out as a later gen "shiny" Plasma finish Juliet frame. In different sunlight, the Gold finish appears to have a bit of translucency at different angles of natural light that reveals the subtle silvery tint of the original finish. I will post pics depicting this later on after I've had a chance to take them on a bright sunny day.

Here are the pics indoors under indoor lighting:

Gold1.jpg

Gold2.jpg

Gold3.jpg

Gold8.jpg

Gold9.jpg

Gold10.jpg

Gold4.jpg

And now OUTDOORS with natural light from overcast skies:

Gold5.jpg

Gold6.jpg

Gold7.jpg
Stunning piece bro.

With you now being a forum sponsor, shouldn't this thread be a sticky?

I am not sure how those work, but I would think a thread would need to have ALOT of traffic to be put up there. In time maybe this one will have that kind of traffic, maybe not. If not then no it shouldn't. But...... regardless if it does make it up there, if enough traffic makes posts it will stay at the top regardless of sticky or not. Not worried, we will just see what happens with the service first.

Thought I would share a customer frame that I did for thim today. He is not a member so wanted to show you guys. I really like them. It is a Etched heavily pair of frames and then just the orbitals done in Deep Purple. He wanted the Silver etched look for the ear stems and Nose.
IMG_1481.JPG
IMG_1482.JPG
IMG_1483.JPG
IMG_1484.JPG
IMG_1485.JPG
IMG_1486.JPG

Those plasma/coppers look great!
Hey Andrew, thanks for always jumping to help someone out looking for something unique. You are always contributing to the forum by providing useful services to help members restore their originals or create new favorites. Your assistance does not unnoticed and your reward is the many friends that you have amassed.
Keep up the fine work my good friend!

Congratulations on working through the process and perfecting it. I know there will be many more colors available. Excellent job on providing this service! They look great.

Plasma finish non etched orbitals w/ Copper Plasma non etched ear stems and nose
Absolutely everything in that pair from the tip of the nose to the ends of the earstems works beautifully - very excellent!

TiCu? :cool-20:

One of mine: I have a LOT to say about these :cool: I will be posting a separate thread to share my thoughts along with more pics with various angles and lens combinations. Right now I'll just share a couple pics and say these are one of my favorite Juliets - and X-Metals - EVER! Not just a top 10 pair for me, maybe even top 5, but perhaps the missing link in the Ichiro series? (and if they make you smile imagine the grin on my face :biggrin:)

51 Anodized Blue Juliet with OO Blue Ichiro Lenses and White OEM Rubbers-2.jpg
Anodized Blue Juliet with Ice non-polar-1.jpg

51 Anodized Blue Juliet with OO Blue Ichiro Lenses and White OEM Rubbers-3.jpg

Back