• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Antix Love

JingleJangle

Oakley Enthusiast
Back in '07ish I decided it was time to look at a new everyday frame to replace my '99 Straight Jackets. I settled on the Antix and made the grievous error of buying the Metallic Red frames (Later known to have a defect in the frame that causes the paint to peel off like nothing). I love the Antix for the lense size, the lack of rubber(Florida heat + sweat + rubber earsocks = sticky wet mess) and for their ability to fit on my fat head. Without further ado here are my Antix.
1591884064669.png

This was the Metallic Red pair. When I called Customer Service about the issue, they offered me either a direct replacement (Antix were discontinued by this point, so it would have been at their discretion) or a whopping 25% off a new pair. I of course did what any reasonable person would do and asked to buy lenses since the original was just grey with no Iridium coating. Ended up getting 2 black iridium and 2 bronze iridium (only colors left in all of their warranty inventory). I have some friends that run a custom cerakote shop, I gave them the frame and asked them to refinish them. This is what I got back. Of course, as you can see in the corner of the lenses, they are starting to delaminate too.
1591884588683.png

Forgot what these were called, but I love the black tortoise shell frame.
1591884706709.png

Love the blue iridium, but these lenses have seen better days.
1591884767622.png

This is my beater pair, got them on ebay for like $20 because the frames were pretty scratched and the original lens was in bad shape.
1591884861536.png

Don't laugh too hard, this is my fake pair from Mexico, they are labeled as Hijinx on the frame. I admit that the guys at the store fed me 4 or 5 shots of tequila before I bought these with a cool long sleeve guayabera. The tequila was good too.
1591885124067.png

I got a little hijinx love over here. I was about to call you out on the blue pair before I read haha.
I also have a handful of Antix country pairs.

Nice 👍 love the style of the Antix. It’s a pitty they don’t fit me well.

BTW: load up a video while destroying the blue one...

They're a good pair for day drinking when I may be at risk of leaving my glasses somewhere. Because I don't care about them, they always seem to make it home.

Back in '07ish I decided it was time to look at a new everyday frame to replace my '99 Straight Jackets. I settled on the Antix and made the grievous error of buying the Metallic Red frames (Later known to have a defect in the frame that causes the paint to peel off like nothing). I love the Antix for the lense size, the lack of rubber(Florida heat + sweat + rubber earsocks = sticky wet mess) and for their ability to fit on my fat head. Without further ado here are my Antix.
View attachment 749127

This was the Metallic Red pair. When I called Customer Service about the issue, they offered me either a direct replacement (Antix were discontinued by this point, so it would have been at their discretion) or a whopping 25% off a new pair. I of course did what any reasonable person would do and asked to buy lenses since the original was just grey with no Iridium coating. Ended up getting 2 black iridium and 2 bronze iridium (only colors left in all of their warranty inventory). I have some friends that run a custom cerakote shop, I gave them the frame and asked them to refinish them. This is what I got back. Of course, as you can see in the corner of the lenses, they are starting to delaminate too.
View attachment 749129

Forgot what these were called, but I love the black tortoise shell frame.
View attachment 749131

Love the blue iridium, but these lenses have seen better days.
View attachment 749132

This is my beater pair, got them on ebay for like $20 because the frames were pretty scratched and the original lens was in bad shape.
View attachment 749133

Don't laugh too hard, this is my fake pair from Mexico, they are labeled as Hijinx on the frame. I admit that the guys at the store fed me 4 or 5 shots of tequila before I bought these with a cool long sleeve guayabera. The tequila was good too.
View attachment 749135
I too am an Antix aficionado, and like you, I have the red metallic frame too, but I haven't experienced that issue. Then again, I haven't worn them too much, so perhaps that's the difference.

I have three Antix!
Two of them have lenses.
Hint, hint...:blush:
I may be able to help with that. I stress the word "may," as I know they're a shield style, but perhaps they're not for Antix, but perhaps Offshoot or Batwolf. Quite awhile ago, I purchased several sets of replacement lenses directly from Oakley’s customer service department, and all of them are the same, if memory serves correctly. However, I don't know what lens they are, e.g. Fire, Tungsten, etc. Additionally, they came wrapped in some sort of self-adhesive film, not in a micro bag and box like we're used to. Nonetheless, when I'm around them next weekend, I'll take a picture and post them here.

Back