• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Any Sneakerheads In The House?

Travis Scott X Air Jordan IV

Materials = fire
Craftmanship = eh

Glue stains, slight variances between left and right, paint stroke marks on the midsole. Maybe the charm is in it being a bit more of a "hand made feel", but then one of the lace tips came too bulky. The inevitable correction from display to functional threading meant the aglet had to pop off. I just ordered a replacement set. Also got a white waxed set as LeBron was rocking it this way.

And they gave like zero f***s with threading the laces, all twisted and s***. If this wasn't semi-limited, I'd seriously wtf. Maybe I just got a lackluster example. Just crazy as I saw vids and clips of dudes camping for this. Resale of StockX is kinda low atm, given all the hype leading to it. On the upside, being less than perfect makes wearing less of a guilt trip.

Both left and right pairs are tagged with the same production dates, in China. The right shoe is looking more crease-prone. I noticed this with my Tinker 3, BC 3, and Shadow 10. With the latter two I've noticed the right shoe is softer period, and even if I try to induce the crease on the left, it hardly does so.

Now I kinda want a WC4.

View attachment 488020
View attachment 488021
View attachment 488022 View attachment 488023
So sick! If you paid retail like I think I saw you did I wouldn't sweat the small stuff. But as a reseller I'd be mad.... Not like I have much love for resellers!
Time to bust out that champion Warren Moon vintage oilers champion Jersey! Enjoy my friend! Beautiful shoes.

All of a sudden i just cant get enough.......im broke AF LOL
bfc6faf273de3a3374c19ddd0d2b62ab.jpg

5c9a9a04d50b77f7b64f70b6b896ec7c.jpg

And since nike didnt blessed me with AJ4 cactus jack last saturday on its release day (lucky you @Ventruck and damn you nike) i went in to adidas and copped the blush/ desert rat yeezy 500.....
ecdd223d8183ea049ff810000954fe75.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

LeBron Soldier XII SFG "Agimat"

This is the second "Agimat" edition in LeBron's line, with it being associated mainline XIV last year. The mainline XII and Solder IX were also general Philippines-inspired pairs as well. I have the last of those mentioned (and posted way back at the time). Really good shoe apart from being an utter PITA to put on.

TA6yPoP.jpg

This installment revisits the use of crossing the straps like the Soldier IX, but now the rear half of the upper is more based on the mainline XV — which I found to be awesome — and has proper pull tabs. So adding the those key elements together, I wasn't waiting long to get the Soldier XII. Wish the toe was independent, but instead it's more like a direct overlay. On this SFG version, it's soft, so there's no real issues with it other than it probably getting tortured with playtime.

WqpvLQ5.jpg

You can see there's some estate on the velcro patches to adjust the strap angle as you please. The setup in general anchors lower than the Soldier XI, making this similar to the mainline XV. You can see that the collar just flares out, so quietly this is as free feeling as a low. The entire upper does feel more comfortable than the mainline XV, in my opinion. Straps distribute pressure better, and the mainline XV can chafe a bit at the toe when new.

4pNvwrf.jpg

There's an internal heel counter, and it's pretty solid with the velcro layer and bordering trim being mated to it. Just like the mainline XV, the entire shoe doesn't squeeze supper tight, but can still keep up in any direction without slop. At the same time, the traction was feeling solid outdoors. I don't know if that or the upper would give first, and the fact I wouldn't want to know how much force it takes to find out is kinda telling.

K0pNI1v.jpg

The pattern itself is straightforward cuts (not even herringbone), and it's thick (yay). The cushion is a very far cry away from the mainline XV in terms of plushness, but far more stable. Being bottom-loaded I can hardly feel the Zoom pods despite them being kinda thick, but it still doesn't move entirely flat like the Curry IV (I still really don't like that shoe).

Overall I think it's a proper workhorse as expected from a Soldier series shoe. I think Nike worked their lineup so the high end shoes are of true excess (Kobe 360, LeBron XV), and the mid-tier shoes at the <$150 mark are for the more common consumer/player. I heard nothing but good things about the Paul George 2, and the Kyrie IV is still a favorite of mine — in my limited exposure to court time.

Michael Air Jordan XIV "The Last Shot"

I think a 5 year old put this one together. Been hearing a lot of complaints and my pair is no exception. Materials are great, and I think the last is better-shaped than my Indiglo pair, but wtf at all the glue and botches. I posted a LeBron TAKEDOWN model right before this, costing less, and that was assembled way better.

I'll probably double up at discount because the build in its bare elements looks so good — and this is actually after the fact I'm not so high on XIV's in general. I find it to be one of the best-looking Jordan's period.

4BLZEGk.jpg

Michael Air Jordan XIV "The Last Shot"

I think a 5 year old put this one together. Been hearing a lot of complaints and my pair is no exception. Materials are great, and I think the last is better-shaped than my Indiglo pair, but wtf at all the glue and botches. I posted a LeBron TAKEDOWN model right before this, costing less, and that was assembled way better.

I'll probably double up at discount because the build in its bare elements looks so good — and this is actually after the fact I'm not so high on XIV's in general. I find it to be one of the best-looking Jordan's period.

View attachment 490421

I got a reserve from a friend already and just waiting for my budget LOL. I cant wait to get it but yes i heard about the glue stains and such but i want the shoe and i will wear it so i dont care LOL.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back