• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Any Sneakerheads In The House?

The Concord colorway isn't my fav, but I hit on 2 reservations.

And such is life with the Jordan holiday
View attachment 557739

Totally opposite here. All time favorite grail!!!

4089506.jpg

4089507.jpg

I hit reservation from footlocker but i got mine 3 weeks ago so i pass on this weekend release coz theres no need to double up. But congrats guys

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It's a weird situation. The history and the resulting allure, and then Jordan mass producing these to the point anyone can get a pair for themselves and the family if they simply try — of course with the money, and a retailer than can ship to their area — I'm not even going to be mad if I see someone wearing these in the street when I am. So many people wanted the opportunity to buy a pair, and it seems like they're genuinely happy on a sentimental note and not just hype.

Now of course Jordan set the stage with that 2011 release to really instigate the lust and demand, and in the end they still bumped up the price to $220, but at least they didn't pull some BS to give people something to chase on a future Concord release. If that time comes, there are probably a fair share of people who will pass because they got their fix on this release.

I wasn't a fan with how Nike just kept going with their "Grails" campaign, when they could've used actual Jordan history in the marketing. His initial shortcoming on his comeback. It was an elimination by Orlando, but I believe the first time he wore the Concord was the last time he wore 45. Kinda marked the transition that he was going to be done with being the MJ with that still needed time to shake off rust, and start becoming the 23 MJ that he always was.

Another Retro+ with a change in materials again...

I saw the leaks for this all-black 12 a few weeks ago and knew I had to have it. My Neoprene pair from 2016 has been trashed and reserved for yardwork and movie theatres. I managed to break the heel counter during a wear. I mean I don't judge people for wearing trashed shoes, but if I want to wear 12's for something with a dress-code, that's not happening.

For these, I originally wasn't a fan of the fleece, but it's a pretty minimal layer in person. Textile upper feels properly heavy in hand. Lacing to the top is a complete no-no because it's stiff as hell. It's also been cold/wet in the morning and I have been picking whatever shoes seem "warm".

ok0v9qC.jpg

Nike Zoom Rookie Glow in the Dark Retro

With every year of pickups, I of course have to think 20/20 hindsight on which pairs really mattered for me, and this is one of them.

I mean I like my black pair, but this was the color I always wanted. Takes me back to the rock bottom, broke college days of window shopping (likewise to the LeBron 11's, Kobe 6/7/8/9, and stuff). Like I wanted these, but cycling came first, as well as stupid Oakleys (man who buys that stuff???)

The metallic pairs were sick but light/clear outsole is a no-go for me. I've talked about how I don't really do white shoes, but 'posite material is one of those exceptions because it's more serviceable. The Galaxy was cool but I don't totally get into absolute hype pairs. This would've been one of those pairs I would've worn on the regular. Like "Oh, it's Ventruck in those Zoom Rookie's again". If you were peeking under bathroom stalls, you'd know it was me taking a s***. I'm serious. It really does make me reconsider a lot of pickups this year.

I do think the pickups this year were more solid than last year. Still some money I would've considered keeping instead.

Crazy part is these barely had an announcement. Just a last second way to finish the year. I saw the tip on NT but had to wait until familiar retailers were getting them.

Yb30UId.jpg

I1mGR3s.jpg

Latest Posts

Back