• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Any Sneakerheads In The House?

lol I see there's a glimmer of hope of Nike/Jordan still existing in your collection
@Ventruck only if they are good to me, this year so many L’s for the ones that i really liked from nike releases and Ive noticed that i only got a chance if it is a shock drop or a major GR release or it is a really garbage/ tinker version shoes LOL

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yeah...maybe you can buy some pairs from them.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

@Trump this one is rare.....LOL
0dcdc2f90c305d74a806336e3abdb03c.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Nike Zoom Rookie LWP

Another one of Marc Dolce's later/last designs at Nike during their prime price gouging era. Basically it's the Flight One + Air Go LWP with Foamposite paneling. It originally released in like 2012 and then retro'd like a month ago. Despite how cool it can look to some, I've always heard they're horrible to wear. The upper actually feels great to me. Collar moves independently, and you really don't need lace tension at the forefoot because the material does all the work.

The platform and cushioning suck, though. There's a considerable arch profile I'm sure most people can't get with. There's a Zoom unit in the heel, but the carrier foam and the foamposite upper keep it from really doing anything. This should've run full Zoom like the Foamposite sneaker itself, or a drop-in midsole for interior compression. Total bricks if you don't have a fluid stride.

And interestingly enough the Lil Penny Posite exists — also by Marc Dolce, also looks good, and also a brick. If the Penny VI didn't have that fat Air Unit in the hell, I imagine that would've been the same story.

OuDOEB2.jpg

black friday is no help when every shoe you want is on exclusion. lol. (looking at you dark gray and orange vapormax plus...) oh well. guess i'll buy car parts instead.

Hell froze over and this finally happened. Like, all the conditions were met:
- Could walk into a store, no reserve or any reaching to get it
- No SPLY branding stripe
- Not a bright color

It's a nice shoe to wear, I get it. I understand it's for casual wear so I have to set my expectations accordingly. I like it more than the uncaged UB I had. Holds better, more stable, less pinch if I want to actually tie (albeit the tongue looks goofy). Truth be told, it just ain't for me. Probably using this for the office and airplane trips at most, if not just give it to my brother.

If I had to put in any actual criticism, joints are not worth $220 even if we gave a pass for hype. There are just far more intricately-designed sneakers for the money. There is absolutely nothing wrong with liking them tho. I mean, some Jordan's really shouldn't command their prices but I get them anyway.

TgThVqk.jpg

Latest Posts

Back