• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Any Sneakerheads In The House?

Off-white presto

20181021_113310.jpg

Jordan 11 Platinum Tint

Idea sounded horrible to me, pics looked meh, but being sail instead of white I had high hopes in person. No patent for a change makes it a nice prospect wear without worry too.
Safe neutral pick.
I do agree at $220 is wack though.

20181027_102456.jpg

Jordan 11 Platinum Tint

Idea sounded horrible to me, pics looked meh, but being sail instead of white I had high hopes in person. No patent for a change makes it a nice prospect wear without worry too.
Safe neutral pick.
I do agree at $220 is wack though.

View attachment 543206

A few findings to note:
- ankle padding, as well as padding along each segment of the upper is not as puffy as my Win Like 82 pair, but it's more dense. My Space Jams are stored deep atm so I can't compare to those.
- seems to be some more sculpting at the heel interior
- the insole is a softer (or well, more "rubbery") compound. There was no attempt to adhere it to the strobel board here. Doesn't seem to make a major difference in cushion/comfort, but it's a more "serviceable" piece to replace for cleaning/tweaking etc.

This Platinum Pair actually fits closer. And now a week in, I'd say the comfort for casual use the patent is not missed. This synthetic flexes more naturally from front to back, and so combined with the padding setup I can tie a much closer fit and have a more dynamic collar. Will double if I can scoop below retail. It's not a true 11, but it wears truer for me.

Last edited:
Kyrie 5 "Taco" Bennett PE
6CwuwHC.jpg

I liked the 4 a lot, although I was kinda toe jamming as time passed — which could be a combination of the length, toe crease messing up that resting length further, and the heel end getting slopping. Anyway, the upside of that pair was not forgotten. Paid extra to get these sooner. I mean I like the colorway but I wanted the 5's period. So glad I did that because the release date got pushed back to the 27th.

Air sucks in California so I couldn't stay out much. Prominent thing I notice is how much nicer it laces up than the 4. Some extra steps involved to loosen, but everything is functional and there's a very connected feeling. The collar and tongue were done way better for sure imo. Traction is better but soft. Already looking forward to a Chinese XDR version. Cushion in a nutshell seems flipped around from the 4. The Zoom Turbo setup is mainly felt on harder cuts. Not too much going on but I can credit it for being felt at different angles as intended. Heel is pretty stiff. I'm not sure why the 4 went softer in the heel when someone like Kyrie seems forefoot-dominant. It was a nice ride for sure, but the 5 seems more proper for the purpose.

I'm not sure how I feel about the articulation. It seems like it's not quite on the level of the 4, but at the same time that doesn't make it worse. I haven't creased the forefoot and I guess I never had the tendency to do so. Still rolls smoothly as I want from this signature line.

The 5 seems like a proper step forward, but you can't go wrong with the 4 on discount if it fits you, and you break in the traction. If you're a heel striker, that could put the 4 over for you.

The Low isn't bad at all. Each-to-their-own preference thing. Just don't place any expectations on the front and rear Zoom units.

Its been a good W’s for me this week
Shock drop release of Concords
648cab736545c7ef1b04230d85170e9e.jpg

Rookie of the Year
16bf1fdcc89ef1939f491e0e522f4d53.jpg

Got 2 Pharrells for a steal price of $175 each for the inspiration pack
8cd25d1dc2de8c19c80ff554ef18cb34.jpg

Got 2 raffle wins of zebras but of course i only claimed 1 as i dont need another pair because they dont have resale value, so instead i bought one for my wife
5115d31e6b8da8511c0f5b21975f7c43.jpg

got react element in blue chill colorway for retail
c8a9b8e181e71630727678dd1f2cf70e.jpg

And lastly i got an early access for the alpha edge 4d
2f80d7e471a3a9e75153c662e16f4bad.jpg

Wohooo what a W week for me!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back