• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Any Sneakerheads In The House?

Kyrie Low "Hot Punch"

You could say I was underwhelmed by the limited "Uncle Drew" pair, but something about this color and the hanging thought that materials could make a difference made me try this again.

Quick points:
- I was able to go with my regular size this time. Next to my Uncle Drew pair, the length virtually looks the same.
- Material flexes way better, and especially the tongue (which also has a bit more padding) so it does tie together better.
- Tongue is taller too, which means I'm not awkwardly pinching the top or the Kyrie logo
- With the closer fit the forefoot articulation is better. Felt like the Uncle Drew pair wasn't as "natural" feeling.

So mostly stuff that predictably comes with better fit, but to my surprise it speaks to how not-good the Uncle Drew pair was.
Feels like a really good straightforward shoe, although I wish the upper was more Kobe-like.

Cushion is still the same. Nothing to make anything of. I think the outsole profile is a little better to roll in whereas the Uncle Drew pair felt like that profile was a bit sharp. Most would suggest not to use this outdoors due to the thin traction pattern. I personally am not as inclined to do toe drags like I do with the Kryie 4.

Overall if you take away the textured details, this is a very basic setup with a curved outsole — which personally goes a long way for me. An "essentials" version of the Kyrie 4, I guess.

0qy1pKT.jpg

Shoe Palace X Under Armour Curry One from the "Bright Lights, Bright Stage" pack to celebrate Shoe Palace's 25th Anniversary and their Bay Area roots.

I think news only dropped Friday, released then yesterday/Saturday, I just heard about it like a couple hours prior to purchase. QC predictably isn't amazing, and the material seems to be sourced from the ICON program resources vs the original Curry One. $125 (more like ~$140 with tax) really isn't offensive though, given the player, and somewhat limited nature of the release.

There is also a Curry 4 in the pack, which looks awesome, but I can't wear that thing. You know I'm the farthest thing from a Warriors fan, not totally a Curry fan, but the decisions he made for his own brand and success get a lot of respect. Shoe also comes in the most defining point of his career. The Curry One really was a milestone moment for Under Armor as well. They have been making decent performers for a while, but I don't think anyone was flocking to those.

With this Curry One, there is some subtle tags remarking the anniversary, his championship, and his MVP. They subdued the "Charged" foam branding, and of course the UA logo, as well as stealth SP XXV tag on the medial side. I wouldn't have minded if they made the "SC" logo on the tongue gold or red, but black keeps everything streamlined.

And for confirmation: it can't be replicated on UA ICON. Bred laces, gold toe cap, speckled+smoke translucent outsole (not to mention the red accents) are kept exclusive. Same goes with the subdued and commemorative branding, and of course the box. Still available at the Shoe Palace website, and I think stores are keeping decent stock.

rAj6omh.jpg

Latest Posts

Back