• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Anyone Eat Quinoa?

Yeah, +1 on the other comments.

In general switching to different, less refined grains will take an adjustment period while you "get used to it", but it is good and you can reach a point where you prefer it.

I recently ran across a store-brand product called "rice and Inca grains". It's a mixture of brown rice, quinoa, amaranth, and chia seeds. It's actually pretty dang good even with minimal seasoning, just some salt...

Definitely can get used to brown rice

Quinoa ... bought it, haven;t yet cooked it - guess time will tell

Thank you all for your comments ...
yeah that is my alternative to white jasmine rice. get the basmati brown rice, lesser sugar content. :) in the mid east that's what they recommend for rice eaters (mainly Asian). :)

20141104_190006.jpg

Tasted like loofah lol...

Wondered what the hell a garbanzo bean was, when the picture clearly showed chickpeas. Turns out garbanzo is the Spanish-speaking term. Makes sense in a quinoa dish I guess.

Another one I never get is cilantro. What's wrong with the word coriander for a plant from the genus coriandrum? Two nations divided by a common language!

Wondered what the hell a garbanzo bean was, when the picture clearly showed chickpeas. Turns out garbanzo is the Spanish-speaking term. Makes sense in a quinoa dish I guess.

Another one I never get is cilantro. What's wrong with the word coriander for a plant from the genus coriandrum? Two nations divided by a common language!

Yeah, garbanzo beans and chickpeas are the same thing. Blend them and you get hummus!

I'd bet most people over here don't even know cilantro and coriander are the same thing. But I think the difference in usage is cilantro (the Spanish name for coriander) is typically used in reference to the fresh herb, while coriander is typically used in reference to the spice of ground coriander seeds...

Back