• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Anyone Rocking Oakley Prescription Eyeglasses?

I looked into Oakley RX glasses but none of them jumped out at me, as a 15 year Oakley veteran i guess i am used to wearing large over the top sunglasses so when i found out my eyes were failing i immediately looked to Oakley for my prescription glasses!

The made in china thing put me off them, as did the bland same-old styling of most of the frames, so i ended up doing what another poster did: put rx lenses in sunglass frames! i believe he did Whiskers.

I had a pair of custom X Squared made in by Oakley in the European superlab in Ireland, plasma frames with clear rx lenses, and i have to say i will never ever buy or need another pair of prescription glasses..... these things are AWESOME, so awesome in fact a friend of mine had the same glasses made in a different frame colour! i have also seen rx Mars and Juliets.

This is totally the way to go, speak to Oakley and they will hook you up. you won't regret it....!!!!

I am picturing this in my mind and I think I might be in love. definitely going to be my next pair of specs

I looked into Oakley RX glasses but none of them jumped out at me, as a 15 year Oakley veteran i guess i am used to wearing large over the top sunglasses so when i found out my eyes were failing i immediately looked to Oakley for my prescription glasses!

The made in china thing put me off them, as did the bland same-old styling of most of the frames, so i ended up doing what another poster did: put rx lenses in sunglass frames! i believe he did Whiskers.

I had a pair of custom X Squared made in by Oakley in the European superlab in Ireland, plasma frames with clear rx lenses, and i have to say i will never ever buy or need another pair of prescription glasses..... these things are AWESOME, so awesome in fact a friend of mine had the same glasses made in a different frame colour! i have also seen rx Mars and Juliets.

This is totally the way to go, speak to Oakley and they will hook you up. you won't regret it....!!!!

I was considering using the X-Squared as my Rx frame, but ultimately thought the frames might be too thick, which is why i went with the Square Whisker. Can you post a pic of you wearing your X-Squared? It might help me make my decision when i get new lenses next year.

I was considering using the X-Squared as my Rx frame, but ultimately thought the frames might be too thick, which is why i went with the Square Whisker. Can you post a pic of you wearing your X-Squared? It might help me make my decision when i get new lenses next year.

Yes, a picture would be greatly appreciated!

Working on the pics guys.... i looked at square whiskers and thought the frame would be too thin for the environment where i work, so i went for x metal armour lol they get me a lot of attention, the nose bridge looks pretty big on them, and the lower orbital join always looks a tad on the big side, other than that they look the bomb, arms are nice and thin and sculpted, rest of the frame looks fine, but i am a 6' 4" 220lb bearded tattood guy so i guess i make them look small! on a smaller head i would think they'd look a bit daft, i reckn i can just about carry them off but no-one else who has tried them looks right..... best thing is to find a friend with the sunnies, or a sympathetic dealer, and pop the lenses out, you'll get the idea then

I sell Oakley opthalmic frames in the optical shop I work at. For the most part, they are very durable. I would steer clear of their drill mount frames but the plastic and metal frames hold up very well. I deal with a lot of frame manufacturers and I have to admit that Oakley is one of the least 'generous' with their warranties. If its not an obvious mfr. defect, they will rarely warranty a frame at no cost. Thankfully though, I rarely have to deal with warranty issues and patients seem happy with the quality and fit. The opthalmic frames do not have a set price like the sunglasses so you will find that the price may vary from store to store. They retail from about $200 and up. Hope this helps

I have the Coto 2.0 which don't say made in china either. I like them as they are small and light but I've had problems with the metal coating coming off (on the O icons foe example)

i'm not talking about prescription lenses in a sunglass frame. just eyeglasses. i'm blind as a bat without corrective lenses. i wear contacts everyday. but at night, i take them out and wear my glasses. my glasses are on the better side of 10 years old and its time for some new ones. i'm pretty new to the oakley family. but i love my sunglasses, so naturally, i'm looking into their eyeglasses.

in terms of eyeglasses, i like small, thin frames. i definitely dont like the "buddy holly" look or anything similar, like a lot of people are wearing now a days. there are several frames on oakley.com that i like. i'm especially digging the mono shocks. but basically i'm just looking for any kind of reviews on oakley eyeglasses in general. do they have a secure comfortable fit like the sunglasses? durability? what about pricing? i know this will have many factors, but i dont have insurance, so price may be an issue.

if you can swin by a vault store, they have premade prescription reading glasses for 49.99 i got a pair of the older intake 4.0 for that price with my prescription on it already

Well, I only have one pair of prescription glasses. They are the Rotor 2.0, I think you must be able to find them pretty cheap nowadays. They have a pretty secure fit (ok, you must not decide to go head banging or something like that...) and you won't notice any pushing on your head when you are wearing them for a longer time.

The design is not screaming, but it has some nice subtle details that make them still stand out. Definitely check them out at a vault or so if you are looking for prescriptions.

Back