• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Are these Oakley E Wires Fake?

On the collector edition, the "Oakley" on the ear stem is imprinted in a very thick font. On the original version, it looks more like an inscription.

Just ordered these online. Which one do you think these might be? I just had a look at the colourways on database and I think it is a Dark/Black Iridium. However I am not used to the older wire colourways so have no idea what "Burnt", "Black Chrome" etc might look like.

m_5ddc9365d948a177e4dc646e.jpg
m_5ddc9375d948a19db4dc64cc.jpg
m_5ddc9365d948a177e4dc646e.jpg

Just ordered these online. Which one do you think these might be? I just had a look at the colourways on database and I think it is a Dark/Black Iridium. However I am not used to the older wire colourways so have no idea what "Burnt", "Black Chrome" etc might look like.

View attachment 689670View attachment 689669View attachment 689670

Very much doubt they're Black Chrome(nowhere near shiny enough),
the Light, would be a lighter tone, so now you should, by the process of deduction, have worked out which ones they'll be. Utilisation of Web tools can assist, also. O-Review . I'd say Burnt/Black Iridium.

Last edited:

View attachment 689670View attachment 689669View attachment 689670
Very much doubt they're Black Chrome(nowhere near shiny enough),
the Light, would be a lighter tone, so now you should, by the process of deduction, have worked out which ones they'll be. Utilisation of Web tools can assist, also. O-Review . I'd say Burnt/Black Iridium.

Dark with black iridium, I’m on O-Review too, plus I have that very same pair too; from the quality of the pics, the frame appears to be lacking the “decay” brown color that would make it the Burnt colorway.

Last edited:
Dark with black iridium, I’m on O-Review too, plus I have that very same pair too; from the quality of the pics, the frame appears to be lacking the “decay” brown color that would make it the Burnt colorway.

On my screen, the frame appears to have a slight brown tinge to it, but if you're that sure, I'm not going to argue.....:hi:

On my screen, the frame appears to have a slight brown tinge to it, but if you're that sure, I'm not going to argue.....:hi:
Thanks guys, I will post better pics once they reach me. It looks kinda Matte Black to me from these images. How much are they worth approximately? Is there a big price difference for the Titanium version of the E-Wire Gen 1?

Thanks guys, I will post better pics once they reach me. It looks kinda Matte Black to me from these images. How much are they worth approximately? Is there a big price difference for the Titanium version of the E-Wire Gen 1?
Ask here Value Thread Ask About Prices Here

But yes, there is a relatively big difference in price between an E Wire and a T wire, the latter of which is a pair that I want, and will probably put a buying post in the marketplace. I’ve always wanted a gen1 T wire, albeit clean and minty.

Last edited:
I wan
Ask here Value Thread Ask About Prices Here

But yes, there is a relatively big difference in price between an E Wire and a T wire, the latter of which is a pair that I want, and will probably put a buying post in the marketplace. I’ve always wanted a gen1 T wire, albeit clean and minty.
Thanks, I wanted to get the Titanium one, but was a bit doubtful if it would fit my large face. I bought a black ti whisker instead.

Oakley Whisker.jpg

Back