• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Be Very Careful If You Send Your Juliets To Oakley For Tune Up....

Iceman

Oakley Beginner
I recently sent my Juliets to Oakley for a tune-up. This was BEFORE I discovered this forum (or else I would have sent it to X-Man). Anyhow, I sent in my Juliets with Ice Iridium polarized lenses. Guess what I got back? Juliets with a pair of badly scratched up, non-polarized ice lenses. What happened to my polarized ice iridium lenses? Either it was an honest mistake by the techs or some one just decided to swipe them. I had to call in to explain the situation, but imagine that you send in something for servicing and you get back something else?

Anyhow, I was forewarned that in the future, anything you send it, take a picture of the glasses with your name and date next to it. Such a pity, that we have to resort to this nowadays. One would think that it was safe to send it in to Oakley. Not anymore...

I recently sent my Juliets to Oakley for a tune-up. This was BEFORE I discovered this forum (or else I would have sent it to X-Man). Anyhow, I sent in my Juliets with Ice Iridium polarized lenses. Guess what I got back? Juliets with a pair of badly scratched up, non-polarized ice lenses. What happened to my polarized ice iridium lenses? Either it was an honest mistake by the techs or some one just decided to swipe them. I had to call in to explain the situation, but imagine that you send in something for servicing and you get back something else?
Tht blows. I remember reading a thread about someone sending in a timebomb 2 and when they got it back the display was so messed up. fcking oakley i swear.:headbang:

This was before I discovered this forum. Learned my lesson. Posted it as a heads up to others. (Also got those new Carbon/BI coming. Hopefully I don't have a hole in my box...) :)

Hmm, planning to make the short trek down to Oakley tomorrow for the tune up. Probably a little safer if you do it in person, but thanks for the heads up, I'm going to take pictures. I have that exact same polarized pair.

Hmm, planning to make the short trek down to Oakley tomorrow for the tune up. Probably a little safer if you do it in person, but thanks for the heads up, I'm going to take pictures. I have that exact same polarized pair.

The bright side is, after spending 40 minutes on the phone with customer service, they agreed to replace my lenses with a brand new pair. They told me they would "have to take my word for it". But yeah, take pictures.

why do you think I say " do not ship me your lenses".i had people tell me I scratched their lenses.... problem is .....there were no lenses in the frames.so I must have telepathically scratched them from 1000 miles away.
Your powers are so great..... :)

Back