• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Best / Funniest Oakley For Sale Ads

same ebay / oforum user name

It's not quite like the steam punk style stuff people do with electro-formed copper, nor is it like the worn through pairs SoulFulFrog makes. A photo of them outside might do a difference, but in those forum photos they still look pretty rough...

As far as I know in order to anodize them properly (with electrical current) would require the coating be removed from them, and buffed smooth. The nose bridge looks all pitted ( black heads 🤢) as though someone put them in acid bath to remove the coating and left them in for too long. So in an attempt to avoid anymore pitting it'd seem they opted for the method of using a torch to remove the coating?

Since the coating is only partially removed on the temple - it's like whatever they were doing to customize them was done in a rudimentary means. I could see a hotspot from a flame achieving that partial peel of the coating you see on the temple tip, but not sure media blasting would get him such a rough result.

It's not quite like the steam punk style stuff people do with electro-formed copper, nor is it like the worn through pairs SoulFulFrog makes. A photo of them outside might do a difference, but in those forum photos they still look pretty rough...

As far as I know in order to anodize them properly (with electrical current) would require the coating be removed from them, and buffed smooth. The nose bridge looks all pitted ( black heads 🤢) as though someone put them in acid bath to remove the coating and left them in for too long. So in an attempt to avoid anymore pitting it'd seem they opted for the method of using a torch to remove the coating?

Since the coating is only partially removed on the temple - it's like whatever they were doing to customize them was done in a rudimentary means. I could see a hotspot from a flame achieving that partial peel of the coating you see on the temple tip, but not sure media blasting would get him such a rough result.
I’ve had a friend helping me out learning how to anodize Titanium. This guy missed a few steps and gave up it looks like.

That ****in Juliet is listed for $300. **** that. That bastard needs $500 worth of work to be a $300 pair.

Oakley Flak Jacket Blue Lenses Polarized | eBay

in pre-owned condition... believe they're a bit beyond that bud
s-l1600.jpg

I’ve had a friend helping me out learning how to anodize Titanium. This guy missed a few steps and gave up it looks like.

That ****in Juliet is listed for $300. **** that. That bastard needs $500 worth of work to be a $300 pair.
The funny part was that he posted a bunch of promotional stuff a while back first. Zach and I both commented trying to assist him in his anodizing venture. He then got snippy and continued on his way. Unfortunately beating the crap out of a poor pair of juliets.. sometimes advice is taken negatively instead of positively. That gentleman definitely wasn't interested in any help and now sorta makes himself look silly with his sale post.

The funny part was that he posted a bunch of promotional stuff a while back first. Zach and I both commented trying to assist him in his anodizing venture. He then got snippy and continued on his way. Unfortunately beating the crap out of a poor pair of juliets.. sometimes advice is taken negatively instead of positively. That gentleman definitely wasn't interested in any help and now sorta makes himself look silly with his sale post.
That ****in figures. When I get advice from you guys I screenshot that ****, not snub my nose at it. That thing sold on eBay for $275. I’m intersted to see if it gets relisted in a week or two after buyer sees what he got.

All anodizing aside, those were some **** pictures. I mean garbage. Think that was intentional?

Feel bad for the poor soul who picked those up...likely someone new to x-metals, excited to get them, only to realize they were torched.

That ****in figures. When I get advice from you guys I screenshot that ****, not snub my nose at it. That thing sold on eBay for $275. I’m intersted to see if it gets relisted in a week or two after buyer sees what he got.

All anodizing aside, those were some **** pictures. I mean garbage. Think that was intentional?
Considering on the forum he posted quite a few more but was repeatedly called out on how big of POS they were, the lack of photos on eBay listing sure seemed intentional; to keep the buyers from knowing what exactly they were buying, besides something colorful...

Considering on the forum he posted quite a few more but was repeatedly called out on how big of POS they were, the lack of photos on eBay listing sure seemed intentional; to keep the buyers from knowing what exactly they were buying, besides something colorful...

Feel bad for the poor soul who picked those up...likely someone new to x-metals, excited to get them, only to realize they were torched.

The buyer will likely get stuck with em too, since there wasn't any mention of the frames actual condition besides it being industrial ( to cover their ass on it looking rough) so doubt eBay would step in for a return. :sad:

edit; too bad he locked the thread, I'd love to know the reasoning on the term theifbay...
Screen Shot 2019-07-18 at 3.58.56 PM.png

Latest Posts

Back