• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Black ceramic finish

Sappy

Oakley Expert
Denver, CO
I’m trying to find out who could possibly do this finish for me. I know @RoTors posted these pics before. If you know of someone that can do this for me, please let me know.

Thank you

7AE4A208-CD76-432F-AD89-903ADCA07289.jpeg

4F91AE4C-C97E-4EDA-9010-775D1C7C1A63.png

292BC099-270C-4CE1-9333-F61BD7145B9D.png

DC16904C-8676-4AB2-BA71-7F7D7994282F.png

Last edited:
I read the thread that was dedicated to him.. a loss to this community .. even though I’m a new member still sad to have someone no longer here ..

As far as the pics .. the finish looks heavily filtered/altered ... I could be wrong.. if that finish is available it sure is sick...

I read the thread that was dedicated to him.. a loss to this community .. even though I’m a new member still sad to have someone no longer here ..

As far as the pics .. the finish looks heavily filtered/altered ... I could be wrong.. if that finish is available it sure is sick...
I do believe there is no filter involved in the photos.

The member that did them said it was costly and time consuming. He used to do the copper and retired from that too.. I have been after the that finish for years. There is no Altering of the picture it is just an amazing finish. In order for it to be reasonable a couple of guys would have to get it done.That’s if they find someone willing to do it. Damn I miss him!!

I would absolutely love to replicate that finish for a couple of my x metals .. more info would be awesome ...

I'm not exactly sure how it's done. I've had a few people ask me as well. My best guess if it's not pvd is that it's a candy black cerakote. I have done a few candy red cerakotes it's just near impossible it's seems to get a candy black concentrate that doesn't just looks yellowy and that will mix into cerakote.

Back