• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Blade Runner 2049

I'm going to have to re watch the original. I watched it a few years back, but maybe I wasn't paying attention enough, because I remember not really understanding what all the fuss was about
Without putting too fine a point on it, it's a bit like listening to Bach. You think you've got it "in the bag", until you start seeing the deeper details of what it's REALLY saying, quite outside of the incredible special effects they made so long ago.

Next time you watch it, ask yourself whether Deckard is a replicant?

Check out how the so called replicants are more "human than human" in how they treat each other, and even real humans (especially Roy Batty).

The symbolism of the eye.

Who is the "good guy" in all of this?

The amazing dialogue, "Man?...Police...man?!!", "I'll tell you about my mother!!", "There's nothing worse than an itch you can never scratch!", "Ever taken one of those tests yourself?", "The candle that burns twice as bright, burns half as long".

The lighting is pretty much a character in itself. There is shadow and moving light in nearly every scene. It gave rise to subsequent similar lighting in films nicknamed, "Blade Runner lighting".

Kick started and cemented the careers of quite a few that starred in the original Blade Runner.

The music was good enough to stand on its own.

I'll see it eventually but not in the theaters. I don't have time to go to theaters these days.
Sorry to hear that @kronin323!!!! I'll go out on a limb here and say if I was only allowed to watch one film this year....

But then again, it IS 2 hrs 40+ mins!!! Ha ha ha!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back