• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Brand new EVZero Swift mirrored film cracking at the top center

LJSiren

Oakley Beginner
Purchased a pair of EVZero Swift with Prizm Golf lens (love the contrast) a little over a week ago, directly at an Oakley Vault outlet store. I admittedly didnt give them a good look as the rep was packing them up, I'm not sure if they were a fresh pair or the ones that were on display, but she did clean them. I was looking for tennis sunglasses, these were recommended, they looked and felt great, the store matched the online sale price, I was out of there. Wore them ONE time to play tennis. No drops, no bends. Stored in the Oakley microfiber bag AND hard case. Cleaned them off using Oakley cleaning solution. Took them out yesterday to wear a second time, and noticed this cracking of the mirroring around the top middle. While its quite obvious at some angles, at others, its very difficult to see. So it's entirely possible it was there all along. I emailed Oakley support, they informed me I'd need to return them at the original place of purchase but that since they are damaged they may not take a return. In which case I could file a warranty claim, but they don't cover "scratches". I am hoping it was a semi-robotic reply, and the rep didnt really look at the glasses. In your experience with Oakley, will they make this right?

It looks to me like this damage has occured as defect of the lens design, maybe flexibility of the center. Is this common with this shape lens? Assuming they make this right, I still need sunglasses for tennis :)
glasses.png

Purchased a pair of EVZero Swift with Prizm Golf lens (love the contrast) a little over a week ago, directly at an Oakley Vault outlet store. I admittedly didnt give them a good look as the rep was packing them up, I'm not sure if they were a fresh pair or the ones that were on display, but she did clean them. I was looking for tennis sunglasses, these were recommended, they looked and felt great, the store matched the online sale price, I was out of there. Wore them ONE time to play tennis. No drops, no bends. Stored in the Oakley microfiber bag AND hard case. Cleaned them off using Oakley cleaning solution. Took them out yesterday to wear a second time, and noticed this cracking of the mirroring around the top middle. While its quite obvious at some angles, at others, its very difficult to see. So it's entirely possible it was there all along. I emailed Oakley support, they informed me I'd need to return them at the original place of purchase but that since they are damaged they may not take a return. In which case I could file a warranty claim, but they don't cover "scratches". I am hoping it was a semi-robotic reply, and the rep didnt really look at the glasses. In your experience with Oakley, will they make this right?

It looks to me like this damage has occured as defect of the lens design, maybe flexibility of the center. Is this common with this shape lens? Assuming they make this right, I still need sunglasses for tennis :)
View attachment 975277

I'll be honest. I've very seldom hear people have good luck returning or exchanging for lens issues. But..

If you go back to the store I would not refer to that as a scratch. That is iridium delamination/cracking which ,unfortunately, Oakley seems like they have never been able to solve. Scratches are not covered by any warranty, you might be able to pull it off by stating its a iridium delamination issue. The other unfortunate thing is that most store employee's are not overly competent on things like this, so that might hurt you as well.

Is it still within the 30 days for the satisfied or your money back policy? I'd be pretty dissatisfied.
Yup, I bought them the weekend before the one that just passed. I'm frustrated but I think I'm going to take a drive there today and hope for the best!

Yup, I bought them the weekend before the one that just passed. I'm frustrated but I think I'm going to take a drive there today and hope for the best!
Good, that’s the angle I’d take. My local store is really good but I can’t speak for others.

Latest Posts

Back