• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Sold C Six Aluminum (prototype - NO serial))

Status
Not open for further replies.
Username Hidden said:
Care to elaborate?
Not really at the moment haha

Some people reacted to this post.
How many so called "Prototypes" have they made?
In the last 3-4 years at least 3 where sold here at OF without a serial No.
Can’t really call them Prototypes. More like a pre-post-production run.

Last edited:
I swear all the aluminum pairs Ive seen were non polarized amd the cf frames were polar. They didnt take donor lenses to make lenses for other frames at the factory they kust started with new blanks. This is probably elementary so my apologies if so but how did u test them to find out?

Username Hidden said:
I swear all the aluminum pairs Ive seen were non polarized amd the cf frames were polar. They didnt take donor lenses to make lenses for other frames at the factory they kust started with new blanks. This is probably elementary so my apologies if so but how did u test them to find out?
What I usually do is wear them and look at a bright light through another polarized lenses. Not sure if someone here have a better way of testing them but that’s what I do.

Username Hidden said:
What I usually do is wear them and look at a bright light through another polarized lenses. Not sure if someone here have a better way of testing them but that’s what I do.
Look at a computer or tv screen through two sets of glasses, then turn one of them 90 degrees. If the screen goes dark both are polarized. There now you don’t have to stare at the sun 🌞 🌞! :)

They definitely non polarized, now I’m wondering shall I trade them for polarized ones or just sell them and hunt for another one, decisions, decisions

Username Hidden said:
They definitely non polarized, now I’m wondering shall I trade them for polarized ones or just sell them and hunt for another one, decisions, decisions
What did you decide?

Username Hidden said:
What did you decide?
After talking to few C-Six owners and O experts I learned that the prototype edition comes with polarized lenses without the itching on the lens

Username Hidden said:
After talking to few C-Six owners and O experts I learned that the prototype edition comes with polarized lenses without the itching on the lens
You keeping them?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back