• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

C wire DIY

Fullmetalcowgirl

Oakley Beginner
Hello everyone :)
I just bought a pair of C wire but since they haven’t been treated well I had to substitute both temple rubbers and nose pads. While removing dirt from the metal frame i noticed the varnish was falling down quite easily in some parts and decided to remove it completely. The color underneath is a nice silver but I am thinking about making them dark carbon. Do you have any suggestions on a great solvant to remove the varnish without ruining the metal underneath and on a good product to color them ? Thanks!

Dip
A04F57B5-2E38-4D62-BA96-30F6196ED28B.gif

Hello everyone :)
I just bought a pair of C wire but since they haven’t been treated well I had to substitute both temple rubbers and nose pads. While removing dirt from the metal frame i noticed the varnish was falling down quite easily in some parts and decided to remove it completely. The color underneath is a nice silver but I am thinking about making them dark carbon. Do you have any suggestions on a great solvant to remove the varnish without ruining the metal underneath and on a good product to color them ? Thanks!
Particle blast it clean.

Back