• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Can anyone ID These for me? Titanium?

dterry

Oakley Beginner
Hi All,

I am hoping someone can help me ID these Oakley sunglasses so that I can try to get some replacement lenses. Also can anyone tell me the "Colour" of the lenses and what would be a very similar or identical lense in the current Oakley range?

I absolutely love these glasses for two reasons....
1) The colour and optics of the lense (but they are crazed like crazy)
2) The fit of the glasses - I can lift them to the top of my head and they won't move, they just stay where I place them until I want to pull them over my eyes again.

I purchased them around 12-15 years ago, the earsocks are not original, I think the originals were a much lighter colour and the ones currently fitted are probably the 4th or 5th set (colour choices get less each time I need some). I am pretty sure the glasses were sold as "Titanium" and I think the frames are actually titanium.

The frame does not have the sprung hinges.
The bridge does not say "Titanium" on the back, but the left hand lense does say titanium on the lower corner
The glasses are incredibly lightweight

Cheers
Darren

https://goo.gl/photos/j4N1etPLtkkB4xjF7

https://goo.gl/photos/f6W32wGAGmEM5JMP6

Square Wire 2.0 Titanium
Though it could be a Ti Square Wire. Post some pics of the ear stems, inside and out, and the underside of the frame near the screws and nose pads.

After reading your description again I think what you have is a Square Wire 2.0 Light Frame with G30 Titanium Iridium lenses. SKU 12-671 (Matco Special Edition) If it was a Ti frame it would say it.

Ear socks are going to hard to find, there are several recent threads here about it. I do have new old stock lenses for it. Once you meet the exchange requirements you can see my sale thread in the exchange. I may even still have some G30 Ti lenses like you have now. I know I had a few sell but may have one more. I know I have plenty of others though.

Could be a T-wire. If it's non-SH frame then the lens screws are at the nose piece as opposed to under the hinges. If that's the case the nose bridge will not say titanium. The SQ Wire 2.0 Titanium (Spring Hinge) I have does say "Titanium" on the back of the nose bridge. Arm indicates "Ti Square Wire" and has no SKU. Being without the spring hinge says t-wire to me.

T wire 2.0, titanium frame with titanium lenses. I have the same exact model, the inly thing wrong is the earstem rubber, originally it was white, seems someone replaced it with the common black one. Are there any marking on the inside of the earstems?

Thanks for comments so far, I have more details......

- Screws for lens release are actually near the nose piece and not on the arms, the only screws on the arm pieces are to remove the arms themselves.
- Earsocks have been replaced by myself (a few times), the current black ones are my last pair (they have been various colours throughout their life) and these are my last ones :(
- There are no visible markings left on the ear stems, either on the exposed bit or under the ear socks.
- If I remove the ear socks the metal is a square shape to stop the ear socks turning, but I can't see any markings

T-Wire 2.0 is probably correct. I can remember that they were significantly more expensive than other similar (different colour) versions of the same sunglasses.

I purchased these brand new many years ago from a shop in London. The box and receipt are long gone hence me wanting to ID them. The main reason I purchased them was for the colour / quality of the lenses, but as these lenses are now crazed internally I want to either find similar replacement lenses or alternatively a new pair of Oakleys with very similar lenses.

Any advice anyone can give me on replacement lenses / new glasses would be massively appreciated.

Darren

Back