• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Can you say GOLD RUSH!!!

The only paint that is used is a final clear coat. Getting consistent adhesion of any plated material on any form of titanium/alloy is difficult. The metal prep has to be done a certain way, all in all, after many hours of plating, then removing it, I have found a pretty consistent way of getting it together. More pics to come this evening.

Gold Penny's are back together!
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg

Last edited:
Having handled these tonight I can honestly say the quality is 100%, Ryan and Ronk are doing some amazing work with these frames! It was great to hang out for a few hours and learn more about these frames and the plating process!
i hope you didnt touch my copper romeos bro. I am feeling a little violated with the though of the three if you ganging up on my joint. ;)

The only paint that is used is a final clear coat. Getting consistent adhesion of any plated material on any form of titanium/alloy is difficult. The metal prep has to be done a certain way, all in all, after many hours of plating, then removing it, I have found a pretty consistent way of getting it together. More pics to come this evening.

Now your a legend, i still remember selling you some pairs at ebay last year and asking you to join the forum. All you have you to say is your busy at the airport and has nothing to do. Now you are as active as ever. Bet, you dont remember it but im txting you a lot and introduce you to some custom guys here in OF who do the works. I may be in line with your copper and gold plating in the future. Great job man!