• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Cancel your PayPal accounts

Sorry you had to go through this with them. I like others have processed 100's of thousands of dollars with them over the years w/o any major issues. I feel like there is some information missing. How long have you had an account with them? Personal or business? Amount of transaction? How long has the buyer had an account or do they even? Is this transaction much greater in $ amount than others you have done? I know new accounts always have a hold on funds to prevent fraud.

As far as the chat customer service goes the agent was mostly correct in what I read. They have no idea who is going to be free first to contact you so a name isnt going to really help. I have worked my insurance job for almost 5 years and only once have I actually escalated a call to a supervisor. In my job they actually have no more direct power to fix things than I do. Anything they can do I can do as well. This saves time and gets the member's issue fixed, explained, researched, whatever much quicker.

As far as managed payments with ebay.... well, Im personally going to wait and see how this goes. I cant imagine it is going to better than how I currently do it. I have wayyyy more problems with ebay than I do paypal. Paypal was an independent company in the beginning. Then ebay bought them, held them for a few years (Im sure taking notes and payment processing and rules/ laws/etc) and recently sold them off again. Now they are going to handle all the payments. The biggest gripe I see so far is the hold on funds until they will be available, I have been reading 2 days at least.

All in all it sucks you had to go through this. Do what you gotta do.

Sorry you had to go through this with them. I like others have processed 100's of thousands of dollars with them over the years w/o any major issues. I feel like there is some information missing. How long have you had an account with them? Personal or business? Amount of transaction? How long has the buyer had an account or do they even? Is this transaction much greater in $ amount than others you have done? I know new accounts always have a hold on funds to prevent fraud.

As far as the chat customer service goes the agent was mostly correct in what I read. They have no idea who is going to be free first to contact you so a name isnt going to really help. I have worked my insurance job for almost 5 years and only once have I actually escalated a call to a supervisor. In my job they actually have no more direct power to fix things than I do. Anything they can do I can do as well. This saves time and gets the member's issue fixed, explained, researched, whatever much quicker.

As far as managed payments with ebay.... well, Im personally going to wait and see how this goes. I cant imagine it is going to better than how I currently do it. I have wayyyy more problems with ebay than I do paypal. Paypal was an independent company in the beginning. Then ebay bought them, held them for a few years (Im sure taking notes and payment processing and rules/ laws/etc) and recently sold them off again. Now they are going to handle all the payments. The biggest gripe I see so far is the hold on funds until they will be available, I have been reading 2 days at least.

All in all it sucks you had to go through this. Do what you gotta do.
Had an account since I can remember. Maybe 15 years. Large amount but nothing I haven’t done in the past. Unsure of the buyer nor does it concern me. That’s their concern not mine. I don’t care if they know the supervisor’s name or not. Their response was unacceptable and they were dismissive. I asked if they were refusing to answer my question and was told no, then they say they cannot provide a name. You can see most of my questions went unanswered and were met with evasive replies. **** them!

I had a similar situation with PayPal a few months back. They put limitations on what I could do, and wanted me to send them a couple things in order to verify I am who I say I am. They actually wanted me to email images of my drivers license and social security card. To that, I told them there is no way in hell I am ever going to post sensitive information like like, and that they were extremely stupid to be asking that in the first place. I tried the chat line at first. Then after a day or two of that, I started calling, and it got to a point where I started accusing 'them' of trying to scam me. That they were the only ones EVER, to ask for such a thing. I managed to convince them, over the phone, that I am who I said I was. But it was a process that took several days. So I understand the frustrations. Funny thing is I don't even know why they did that. They locked my account and just said they wanted me to verify my identity. Though I had my account for years too, with no problems. I feel you dude.

I had a similar situation with PayPal a few months back. They put limitations on what I could do, and wanted me to send them a couple things in order to verify I am who I say I am. They actually wanted me to email images of my drivers license and social security card. To that, I told them there is no way in hell I am ever going to post sensitive information like like, and that they were extremely stupid to be asking that in the first place. I tried the chat line at first. Then after a day or two of that, I started calling, and it got to a point where I started accusing 'them' of trying to scam me. That they were the only ones EVER, to ask for such a thing. I managed to convince them, over the phone, that I am who I said I was. But it was a process that took several days. So I understand the frustrations. Funny thing is I don't even know why they did that. They locked my account and just said they wanted me to verify my identity. Though I had my account for years too, with no problems. I feel you dude.
And how would they compare your photo id? To what reference point? They don’t know what you look like so it’s simply a joke!

Anyways there is a new development for ebay sellers; Ebay will manage payments for most sellers by the end of 2020. It would at least lessen (or eliminate) the dependence on Paypal as a merchant account for ebay sellers.

I was briefed about this by an ebay concierge agent a couple of years ago, so I’m glad to see this materialize.

Any more info on this?

I've been using PayPal for roughly seventeen years or so and from what I gather from the very rare problems I encounter they seem to have a time limit to deal with your problem; if it isn't solved in say an hour they usually solve it immediately.

I find that just being polite, but insistent, will usually clear up any problems eventually. They are extremely stubborn for the first forty or so minutes though!

As of now my attempts to reach someone by phone have resulted in no call back.

Honestly just stay on hold; these things are so much easier to solve when in direct contact with someone using the human touch.

I think I stayed on hold for over an hour once...

Back