• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Carbon Blades! Matte Black/Ice Polar And Polished Black/Ruby Polar Ferrari

GH4AU

Carbon Fanatic
Premium Member
Lifetime Member
The South
I have to say, I am most certainly impressed with these. They look great, are as light as a feather, and IMHO the best pair of sunglasses to come out of 1 Icon in a while. I like everything about them. These CBs are the most comfortable pair of sunglasses that I have ever tried on. Nothing will EVER replace my metals and elites, but these are a close second and are definitely more comfortable than anything I own. I have the Ferrari coming as well and look forward to receiving it. I may end up with the whole collection, who knows.
ytysy5uz.jpg
vesubeju.jpg
quby4yva.jpg

Thats the only one that I really like also, too bad its not one of the colorways offered on SI
They are so nice. I know man, the standard color-ways are up on SI and are cheap too! Sometimes they do end up with the iridium colors though, so we will see. I just didn't want to wait as I am impatient.

And just like most of the new releases, it endures

The 5 Stages of an Oakley Release

1. Announcement
2. Forum lashing (uninspired, copied, derivative, China, Lux, etc)
3. Members get their hands on some
4. Reluctant acceptance
5. Widespread collecting

I think the Carbon Blade is at stage 4 right now.

That ice pair looks good. I'm not a fan of the Ferrari so much, hadn't seen real pics of most yet. I'd like to see them on more faces. @Cargo looks pretty good in his. I think if the weave were a touch more pronounced the pair above would be intoxicating.

Coming from you and your extensive collection this is a review that carries some weight. They look great can't wait to get my hands on a pair
MLJSr posted up some really good and thorough reviews as I am sure you've seen. I feel Oakley did a great job on these. They make my metals feel like bricks they're so light. I'm a sucker for carbon fiber, so I knew right off the bat I was going to get my hands on them. I actually have never been a fan of the half frame Oakleys, or any brand of half frame sunglasses for that matter. These were an exception for me though, and I am more than pleased with them. Buy some; I doubt you'll regret it!

And just like most of the new releases, it endures

The 5 Stages of an Oakley Release

1. Announcement
2. Forum lashing (uninspired, copied, derivative, China, Lux, etc)
3. Members get their hands on some
4. Reluctant acceptance
5. Widespread collecting

I think the Carbon Blade is at stage 4 right now.

That ice pair looks good. I'm not a fan of the Ferrari so much, hadn't seen real pics of most yet. I'd like to see them on more faces. @Cargo looks pretty good in his. I think if the weave were a touch more pronounced the pair above would be intoxicating.
Your stages cracked me up a little. It is so true. I know there are many people that go on and on about Lux and China and how everything that is manufactured over there is crap. I am not one of those people. I understand a company's reasons to outsource. If I receive an item that was manufactured in a different country and it looks good and holds up well, I don't give a sh** where it came from. I really like these, a lot! With the Ferrari, I was hesitant to buy them just because I clearly don't own a Ferrari, nor do I collect any Ferrari memorabilia, so I feel a bit out of place owning them. That color-way though just happens to be my favorite color combination and I just had to buy them. I would be happier if they didn't have the Ferrari logo and unique packaging, but that's just me. If Oakley offered them with the red accents and Ruby lenses without the Ferrari flair, that's what I would have purchased. I felt the same way about the Ducati series as well. I agree though, if the weave were a little more pronounced, due to the thinness of the frame; the CB would be a show stopper.

Back