• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Carbon Prime sf16-c Owners List.

explaining a little more on the options, next step is to build a matrix to match the releases with these

Piston Colors: Matte black, Anodized Black, Anodized Chrome
O Icon: Anodized Red or Gloss Red
...any pics handy? post one of the back of the nose bridge if you can as they are slightly different to the MotoGP pairs.
7d5b98c0fb1a79da631543ae80c49e7a.jpg
25f63963f2c3fc25048da24ae8c0056b.jpg

My pair matches in every way:
- Piston color (anodized black)
- Screws colors (some black some silver)
- SF temple Badge
- O Icon color
- Lack of lens etching
- Lack of temple markings
- No SS engraving

Since this model was never launched its so confusing without anybody involved to step up and enlighten us. My tracking pointed me to 3 groups
- Prototypes
- Sales Sample
- Manufacturing test units

On top of the markings & etching the main differences to identify those are the color for piston and O icon

I used to think I have a fake but the effort/cost to produce it does not make sense, my only explanation is to have a regular Carbon Prime fitted with red rubbers and a SF badge. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ still make no sense

For peace of mind I not longer think about it... and when it pops up I convince myself that are legit, or worst case a very unique custom pair for display purposes.
The way to tell you have a legit Ferrari pair is that both the bottom and top portions of the front frame are “molded carbon fiber”. Where as a regular carbon prime has a molded carbon fiber top piece and o matter bottom piece.

The way to tell you have a legit Ferrari pair is that both the bottom and top portions of the front frame are “molded carbon fiber”. Where as a regular carbon prime has a molded carbon fiber top piece and o matter bottom piece.
good point.. you are talking about the Carbon Prime GP and it is really clear to notice the difference of Carbon Top vs O Matter bottom. In @mjt42 pic o the GP pair its kind of clear.

don't have internal nose bridge, will share with you this weekend.. meanwhile a hinge pic vs Moto GP pic from the Carbon Prime guide

sf16-c hinge.jpg

20170612_181452.jpg

A list of differences between the Ferrari pair and a regular Carbon Prime can be found on the o review here towards the end of the thread....
I would really like to collate as much info on individual pairs as I can.
From what I've seen, all other pairs have no frame markings or'NPI' printed in addition to usual markings (sku, bridge size etc)....

I would really like to collate as much info on individual pairs as I can.
From what I've seen, all other pairs have no frame markings or'NPI' printed in addition to usual markings (sku, bridge size etc)....

there is a umber of variations you will find. Some will be marked NPI. Some will be marked Sample instead. Some others will not have any markings. Some will say SF16-C, others will not. Some will have frame measurements, others will be totally blank. And that‘s just markings. Lots of variations on this one.

there is a umber of variations you will find. Some will be marked NPI. Some will be marked Sample instead. Some others will not have any markings. Some will say SF16-C, others will not. Some will have frame measurements, others will be totally blank. And that‘s just markings. Lots of variations on this one.
Here are the arms on my pair, as they would be if they were a 'retail' pair - sku, size markings, ce mark on one arm, sf16-c on the other. No NPI or sample.....
953882bc68ad859a560df6185241f98d.jpg
37b28ec233b738fa2c6e31ed51331a6a.jpg

Back