• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Completely Unsolicited Ad for Chris A Hardaway

weshardeniv

I should Work at Oakley
Premium Member
Lifetime Member
Ashburn, VA
O-Fam,

I found myself in need of some blue light lenses due to heavy screen usage at work causing headaches. Naturally if I’m putting glasses on my face of any type, they need to be featuring the “O”.

I’m an SI member, so I started my search there, but asking them to just put clear/blue light lenses in with no Rx is apparently quantum physics. So I went to my local Oakley store where the Rx person told me she could get me the same SI discount. So I trusted the process and ordered through her.

I think the Rx person at the Oakley store kinda ripped me off. I tried to suggest ordering the frames through my SI membership then getting the blue light lenses. She tried to sell me on the gaming lenses but I didn’t want a yellow tint. She said the blue light filter was just a coating that doesn’t provide much protection and would wear out. She also “couldn’t order” the Gauge 7.1’s I wanted, even though I could through SI, so I ended up with the Metalink.

I was then able to pick up a pair of Gauge 7.1’s on the cheap and reached out to the one and only @Chris A Hardaway to see what he could do. I sent my frames from Virginia to him in California and got them back within a few days. The lenses he put in them are incredible. So much so that I’m considering having the OEM lenses on my Metalink’s switched out.

Moral of the story, don’t waste your time or money… just reach out to @Chris A Hardaway!

So how much do I owe you again @weshardeniv

Just kidding. Those who know me best know this: I really do whatever I can for those who reach out. If I'm too busy, or it's not something I'm able to do I just say that.

That being said, I can do almost anything when it comes to lenses. And the things I can't do often are "shield" or "mask" related. In which case I've heard @Wavecloud’s Customisation does a great job over there in Europe.

So how much do I owe you again @weshardeniv

Just kidding. Those who know me best know this: I really do whatever I can for those who reach out. If I'm too busy, or it's not something I'm able to do I just say that.

That being said, I can do almost anything when it comes to lenses. And the things I can't do often are "shield" or "mask" related. In which case I've heard @Wavecloud’s Customisation does a great job over there in Europe.
No worries man… the PayPal came through before the post 🤣🤣🤣🤣

@weshardeniv What did the glasses/lenses look like in the end?

I’ve been tempted by getting a pair for work with no ex blue light lenses and wondering if I could get away with them 😀
0B8FD508-B57D-4EBE-A17E-2B78B35A9D94.jpeg

Not my usual pic locale, but here you go…

Latest Posts

Back