• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Crankcase Is Up...

• Thread starter Deleted member 24
  • Start date
Im not kicked in the butt with it either..but for 100 bucks its worth a try. matte violet looks like the colorway i will try.

theyre trying to save plastic lolz

That was the FIRST thing I thought when I started seeing the trend. To be totally fair...I need to see pieces in person. Oakley's photoshopping fetish with their website pictures makes it impossible to truly get a sense for what the piece looks like

That was the FIRST thing I thought when I started seeing the trend. To be totally fair...I need to see pieces in person. Oakley's photoshopping fetish with their website pictures makes it impossible to truly get a sense for what the piece looks like

i agree... what im guessing they would feel like is like a fuel cell, but then again once you actually have them and try them on, they prob feel completely different

This is true. BUT.....the issue for me lies in that under the prior regime you had BOTH. Now you have JUST one. So basically you're pandering to the subtle buying public (I won't even go into the psychology thats rooted in) without satisfying the enthusiasts. While this does not surprise me one bit (what do you expect when the innovative force behind the company who was as interested in what could be done and how Mad Scientist the designs could go sells to a company purely interested in VOLUME) and while some may say that I and those like me need to stop beating the dead horse that is the Lux era, my personal opinion is that Lux is killing the Oakley legacy and watering down the brand.

And I agree with BAPD---designs like the Oil Rig (which I already thought was a step back vs. what came before it) seem almost daring now compared to the new designs. Everyone is different and people like what they like, that's what makes all of us different....but me? I like to be daring, I like to be different. My personality and general state of mind isn't loud and out there...but I express that part of me through certain things: my car, my clothes, my watches, my sunglasses....and unless and until the company returns to that in some form with new product (and at price points that are not simply ridiculous), I won't be purchasing any new product.

Very well stated. I agree we dont wear out ott daily but to me, oakleys roots are about trend setting. Before, oakley sunglasses were set apart from others. You knew it was oakley without seeing the logo. They need to get back to that in my opinion.

I hope the new Oakley Five brings back the old school philosophy with next years designs, the ones coming out this year have probably been ready to release so I hope they get back.

The Twenty is the best new release this year IMO.

that and the Jackets with larger nosepieces are the only thing left that fits me at all Evertything is for huge heads now