• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Custom Batwolf's do not say POLARIZED on lens.

Scrivah

Oakley Beginner
Hey guys,

Just got my new custom built Batwolfs delivered yesterday. I got the Rootbeer frame with the Polarized Bronze lens. The glasses look amazing but I noticed one thing that gave me a bit of concern and have been a little bothered about it. I noticed that the lens does not have the word "POLARIZED" laser etched on the bottom left of the lens. At first I thought that they may have messed up my order and gave me the non-polarized dark bronze lens so I did the LCD 90 degree tilt and The result was the lens going very dark thru the rotation so that proved that they were indeed polarized.

I called the Oakley customer care and they said that they no longer etch the POLARIZED word on the lens because they come in as blanks and some people put custom etching. That made sense to me but I always see polarized Batwolfs in the store with the word Polarized on the left lens.

Has anyone ever had this issue before? The glasses came straight from the HQ in Cali and i ordered them off the Oakley website and still I have doubts about the legitimicy of the lens because of this issue!

Help put my mind to rest!

Thanks

Hey guys,

Just got my new custom built Batwolfs delivered yesterday. I got the Rootbeer frame with the Polarized Bronze lens. The glasses look amazing but I noticed one thing that gave me a bit of concern and have been a little bothered about it. I noticed that the lens does not have the word "POLARIZED" laser etched on the bottom left of the lens. At first I thought that they may have messed up my order and gave me the non-polarized dark bronze lens so I did the LCD 90 degree tilt and The result was the lens going very dark thru the rotation so that proved that they were indeed polarized.

I called the Oakley customer care and they said that they no longer etch the POLARIZED word on the lens because they come in as blanks and some people put custom etching. That made sense to me but I always see polarized Batwolfs in the store with the word Polarized on the left lens.

Has anyone ever had this issue before? The glasses came straight from the HQ in Cali and i ordered them off the Oakley website and still I have doubts about the legitimicy of the lens because of this issue!

Help put my mind to rest!

Thanks

Their explanation makes sense to me. It's pretty easy to determine if a lense is polarized or not.

dude, don't worry they are legiT.... But what they told you makes sense since you did order them online. Maybe in the etching box online you deleted whatever was there.

Yes I stated that I believe they are indeed polarized by doing the Rotate test on the LCD screen. They do darken thru rotation at 90deg. I was just concerned because every other polarized lens on a batwolf i have seen says Polarized on the bottom of the lens. There are other companies that make a polarized lens forthe batwolf so I had thoughts that my Oakley polarized lens was swapped out at the factory for a cheaper non Oakley polarized lens. Highly unlikely but has gone thru my mind!

Oakley have replied to someone with the same query on their Facebook page about the Polarized etching on their lenses. They say it doesn't come etched if it's a custom build. Makes sense I suppose if you also have the option of doing cutomized etching too.

...I had thoughts that my Oakley polarized lens was swapped out at the factory for a cheaper non Oakley polarized lens. Highly unlikely but has gone thru my mind!

How this could even cross your mind boggles ME. As huge of a company as Oakley is, them doing something like swapping for a non Oakley lens is corporate suicide. Imagine the lawsuit? Their credibility as a legitimate business would be down the drain.

You're fine dude. You're worrying over nothing.

How this could even cross your mind boggles ME. As huge of a company as Oakley is, them doing something like swapping for a non Oakley lens is corporate suicide. Imagine the lawsuit? Their credibility as a legitimate business would be down the drain.

You're fine dude. You're worrying over nothing.

I really dont Think thats its something that they would do, but who knows if they are being made custom by a single person. Some people do some crazy things within the company they are working for. I mean if the President of the company was making every pair of glasses then yes it would seem crazy, but really how crazy would it seem for some average joe worker who needs some extra cash purchase a New Visionary lens on ebay for $30, pop that in the frame, pocket the $100 oakley lens and go onthe black market and sell it for $80. That just made the worker a cool $50. Like I said I believe that the workers there have enough integrity but after seeing every polarized batwolf lens with the word POLARIZED on it, it was something that crossed my mind. I do believe them to be legit, and I do believe its just because they are a custom order but stranger things have happened in bigger companies than this one....

Not trying to put down Oakley by any means, i love their glasses, just seeing if anyone else ordered a custom pair without having the wording on theirs.

Oakley have replied to someone with the same query on their Facebook page about the Polarized etching on their lenses. They say it doesn't come etched if it's a custom build. Makes sense I suppose if you also have the option of doing cutomized etching too.

Yes it does make sense and the customer care rep says the lenses all come in as blanks with nothing etched incase a custom etching was requested.

On the flip side I remember that when I filled out my custom order the word POLARIZED was default set in the etching box. This led me to believe that every pair of Polarized batwolfs came with this on the lens unless you changed it to something else. I just found it weird that if it was defaulted into the order to say POLARIZED and it shows up blank at the door it just looked fishy. I just assumed thats why every polarized batwolf i have seemed says polarized on the lower left lens is because thats what is default unless you want something else. Perhaps they all say this in the store as a marketing tool? I just wish they would tell you it will come blank on the order as if you go to the site and build a custom order you will see that it clearly shows it will say POLARIZED on the lens by default!

In any case they ARE polarized and are the correct color I ordered I just kinda liked the etching on the lens!

I really dont Think thats its something that they would do, but who knows if they are being made custom by a single person. Some people do some crazy things within the company they are working for. I mean if the President of the company was making every pair of glasses then yes it would seem crazy, but really how crazy would it seem for some average joe worker who needs some extra cash purchase a New Visionary lens on ebay for $30, pop that in the frame, pocket the $100 oakley lens and go onthe black market and sell it for $80. That just made the worker a cool $50. Like I said I believe that the workers there have enough integrity but after seeing every polarized batwolf lens with the word POLARIZED on it, it was something that crossed my mind. I do believe them to be legit, and I do believe its just because they are a custom order but stranger things have happened in bigger companies than this one....

Not trying to put down Oakley by any means, i love their glasses, just seeing if anyone else ordered a custom pair without having the wording on theirs.

You'd have to steal a lot of lenses without getting caught to put your job that pays tens of thousands of dollars on the line.

Latest Posts

Back