• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Customs, BTW...

btw73

I should Work at Oakley
Premium Member
Lifetime Member
Denville, NJ
These are my very first customs... i have been picking up some damaged frames, and restoring them. I thought they might do with a custom paint job. I have an old Iwata HP-C and a Paasche Type V from 25 years ago, so i dug them out to give them a try. I read up a bit, and took all of the advice from the forum, and gave them a quick sanding, used Bulldog adhesion promoter, Hot Rod Flatz Black, House of Kolor paints (the blue splatter is some DupliColor auto paint i had) , and Hot Rod Flatz low gloss clear coat. Splattering took a bit of trial and error before trying it on the frames.

The Oil Rig has a brand new Stealth Black Polarized Revant lens, the Batwolf has a brand new Prizm Sapphire lens, and the Gascan has new GalaxyLense Ice Iridium Polarized lens.

I have two more finishing up. Another splatter blue Gascan, and an M Frame Gen 2 i splattered blue.

Feedback is most welcome.

Brian

2020-08-31 13.11.00.jpg

2020-08-31 13.14.38.jpg

2020-08-31 13.16.55.jpg

Last edited:
Thanks! Still trying to figure out the right kind of brush or tool for the splatter I like. And the right colors, and what goes with which lenses. Getting there...

Back