• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Customs, BTW...

Been working on something a little different. I picked up a pair of Jupiter Factory Lites. They were the Polished Aluminum ones... but the coating was peeling, the ear socks were goners, arms were discolored, needed a good cleaning... so I stripped it down, cleaned it and sanded it down. Never used cerakote before, so decided to give that a try. I laid a base of black Cerakote (air dry C line) to the face plate, and then marblized it with some custom steel and blue Cerakote colors. The silver arms I gave a custom blue metallic clear coat to keep the carbon fiber look, but give em a custom color. I stripped and burnished the logos, and dropped in some Fuse Glacier Blue lenses to match the arms. Gonna make a mould for the ear socks, and make em steel blue to match the face plate.

would love some feedback on these...

5B86A49F-B797-431A-A9DA-EF563262FD4B.jpeg
26A5D2F3-33A4-4EAA-9036-070A4978F45E.jpeg
A3B5334A-4958-402B-BE65-0FACAFE304BB.jpeg
7F9D36E6-B93F-47E6-AE9D-96EA1054804A.jpeg

Last edited:
Well, I’ve been frustrated not being able to find me some new ear socks for a few pairs of Jupiter Factory Lites and Jupiter Carbons. So I decided to try my hand at making a resin mold and pouring my own. Never done molds before. Step one is complete. The mold is made and the original rubbers are out. Will let it harden some more and then try my first pour. Will post again later.

CE9086B6-A3B3-49F4-9E47-74A854FAA2E4.jpeg

That's a nice, clean fade. I'd leave as is and do the icons in the blue.
Not sure if I can find socks for Jury, but if I can, do those blue too? If not, the ones I have are black and in good shape, and Willy arch the back side on the arms.

Back