• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Cutting Juliet Earsocks to fit X Squared

ducatiti

I should Work at Oakley
Any tips of doing so to have a perfect cut? Considering how difficult to acquire OEM x2 rubbers here, is this the norm here? Possibly just leave it uncut? I would like to stay OEM as much as possible. Thanks.

Probably easier just to pick up a set of Linegear rubbers or leave as is. Not sure how much longer the Juliet earsocks are compared to XS.

Super easy measure and cut with sissors.. linegear is nice but Oakley's oem rubbers are like their lenses in class of there own. Can still buy black juliet rubbers from oakley 10 you get 2 earsocks and 2 large and 2 small nose pieces

I've done it in a pinch, it works pretty well. The fit isn't bad if you cut the end closest to the temple and slightly round out the edges at the top and bottom of the cut. Use sharp scissors and do it in one continuous cut. It's better to cut it a little long and trim again if needed. Nobody can tell the difference when you're wearing them...:cool:

You can also use the trimmed pieces for orbital gaskets if you get really desperate ;)

Back