• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Daily PRIZM lenses or BIP (Black Iridium Polarized) lenses?

I keep hearing this eyes can be seen talk, but I really don't think so myself.

These are all Prizm Daily's in different frames and different conditions. I'm just a fan of the all around appeal (cloudy or sun). But arguably not as good as BIP for bright sun of course.

I just love that I can grab them "Daily" without thinking, they definitely make colors pop, and great for driving.

1bce935ede1fe5266f9d0798a4623fc4.jpg
0d9ede5a62587b1c1ba466430de8db4e.jpg
05c1a15536c858a1414a63ec5a9402ca.jpg
5d87ba3796c59836d8eb35ac76b38bd5.jpg
f2924331e140d36bcb2f7b74154708fe.jpg
bb6448a4213fe3f34eca2acdd2813163.jpg
6a7b60069974c86ce21233bd2a5dfb9b.jpg

They look nice, no doubt about it. I was talking to someone at the store and I forgot what frames he has....but he has both the PRIZM DAILY and the BIPs. He said when it's really sunny, the PRIZM lenses are not the best as they allow a lot of light to come in. So, he said he just popes the BIPs in when needed. However....for someone who is fan of the Carbon Blade like I am, it's not that easy. But darn...Oakley doesn't even sell the lenses individually. I just got a nice deal on two BNIB Blades, one BIP and one ice polar for $140 each. Not bad...polarized lenses usually sell for $90...so I guess I can say I got two frames for $100. I will try and get my hands on pair of Daily PRIZM glasses to wear all day and see how I like them. They look like they are a bit on the brown side from certain angles

I know what you mean and congrats on the purchases!

And it's a tiny but of a rosy hue to them, but colors come through very naturally.

Also your contact would be right about the sunny days for sure. No doubt BIP is better for very sunny days!

I know what you mean and congrats on the purchases!

And it's a tiny but of a rosy hue to them, but colors come through very naturally.

Also your contact would be right about the sunny days for sure. No doubt BIP is better for very sunny days!

See...since I can't just get the lenses alone and I have to buy a whole complete new set of new glasses (frames, lenses, case, etc), I just don't know if it's worth it. I'm sure I could pick up a pair for $150ish, but am unsure if they are worth it. I have the Ferrari ones that I absolutely LOVE....and I have the BIP and ice versions coming in the mail. I got the Ferrari ones because I like the way they look and feel...and really fell in love with the polarized ruby iridium lenses. So much...I actually thought about getting another pair of Ferrari Blades. That lens is one of my favorites. I have the OO red polar iridium lenses in my Half Jacket 2.0, and I still like the polar Ruby lenses better. But the frames on the Blade are hard to beat...of all the "newer" Oaks I tried on...aside from the SW 2.0s and the X-Metals....the only CURRENT models I like are the Half Jacket 2.0s and the Carbon Blades. I tried on everything else for the most part...and I didn't like anything else. With that said, as much as I like the HJ 2.0s...they feel kind of cheap and flimsy to me. That, and the thick bridge is a bit distracting until you get used to them. Nice thing about them is that you can replace the lenses, and there is a rather large variety to chose from. My favorite HJ 2.0 lens was the OO red polar iridium...and for my lucky luck, they no longer make that lens. I believe they still make them in the XL version, but they no longer make them for the standard HJ 2.0s. I don't know why. They make them in a lot of other NON polar colors, and I think the only polar ones they make now for the HJ 2.0 is in Black, Gold, VR28 and Gray.

And looking at the Blades, the lenses don't look that hard to replace. So I have them in polar, ruby red, black, and ice. Is it I really wanted the BIP in all black so that I may wear them with a suit. I can't wear big glasses with color when dressing up in a suit for work. Need something all blac...always wore SW 2.0s, but can get away with the Blades as they are thin enough.

I really would like to get a pair of Blades with 24K polar iridium lenses....just don't know what donor would work best. Anyone have an idea??

Back