• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Dark Bronze Vs Bronze Polarized Vs Ruby Iridium

Very true. Polarization can be in any orientation. I was simplifying for sunglasses, as that's what we're discussing here. Indeed there are water specific lenses, but any polarized is going to be better on water than non polarized.

As another aside, don't wear polarized shades when wearing a full face motorcycle helmets for the reasons ronin stated. A lot of guys don't like them for skiing/snowboarding either, as they can make it harder to spot ice, as there is no classic glare signature.

Looks like cutting out too much glare can be bad thing in some ways. I don't ski but good to know in case I ever decide to try. As for full face helmet, it's the computer effect that's gonna be a problem I suppose?

Amazing information. I know about the the angle test for polarized lens but never knew Oakley's cut away bottom up glare. But does make perfect sense now that you mention it. Tint options are indeed limited for frogs. Don't see shallow blue (I prefer contrast) anywhere. Pity.

I don't know what are suitable as donors for frogs, if anything, but if you're really interested in shallow blue, I suggest you PM InfiniteHero and/or xmetalmaniac to see if they can be done as custom cuts.

I don't know what are suitable as donors for frogs, if anything, but if you're really interested in shallow blue, I suggest you PM InfiniteHero and/or xmetalmaniac to see if they can be done as custom cuts.

Great tip. I'll give those guys a holler. Thanks.

Back