• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Defective Frogskins Daily Prizm Polarized lenses from Green Fade Rio Olympic Set? Anyone?

MarlinMOB

Oakley Beginner
Hi there Oakley Forum. I recently purchased a set of the Green Fade Frogskins from the Rio Olympic series. The lenses both have small defects in them, they almost look like a tiny bubble or grain of sand in the lenses. Anyone else experience this? They don't affect vision, but kind of bum me out and I am surprised to see this present in both the lenses. I will post pictures soon, hoping that I can get a detail shot showing the defect.

Hi there Oakley Forum. I recently purchased a set of the Green Fade Frogskins from the Rio Olympic series. The lenses both have small defects in them, they almost look like a tiny bubble or grain of sand in the lenses. Anyone else experience this? They don't affect vision, but kind of bum me out and I am surprised to see this present in both the lenses. I will post pictures soon, hoping that I can get a detail shot showing the defect.
Have you contacted Oakley directly?

Where did you purchase them?
I purchased them on eBay from a user named Swininc. They have great feedback and sell a ton of Oakley's, but I noticed almost all of them are out of the package. My set only came with a cleaning bag. In their description it states that there may be some blemishes on the frames and that they sell store display models, but this looks more like a manufacturer defect. Is it possible they are somehow selling B grade or defective Oakley's that are still genuine?

I purchased them on eBay from a user named Swininc. They have great feedback and sell a ton of Oakley's, but I noticed almost all of them are out of the package. My set only came with a cleaning bag. In their description it states that there may be some blemishes on the frames and that they sell store display models, but this looks more like a manufacturer defect. Is it possible they are somehow selling B grade or defective Oakley's that are still genuine?
My experience with the seller Swininc wasn't fun, I had purchase a few pairs of goggles from them - all of which were listed as new w/o packaging. The 1st pair had some light marks and was missing the protective film new goggles come with but I didn't think much of it, however the 2nd pair was the same dealio so I tried to reach out to them about it but, they ignored me until I left them negative feedback - in which they told me I must've damaged them upon opening them. The last an final pair I bought were obviously a store sample/try-on pair as they all had signs of mishandling. They ended up blocking me from buying after a I left them my honest feedback - an from reading other people's reviews it seems like they sell store samples as new items, no idea where they get them since they had a plethora of items listed like never ending so they must be like a whole seller or amazon return warehouse?

Latest Posts

Back