• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Did I get scammed?

Brian D

Oakley Enthusiast
So I honestly don't know if I got scammed but something does not feel right... So I bought some custom NFL gascan broncos and Miami dolphins.

So... here is my question... in his listing he clams "No sku due to them been a warranty pair but has engraving on hinge to confirm authenticity".​

So I bought them because even if they are fake I like them and the lens look real and worth the price in my book. So is it true warranty pairs don't have SKU numbers on the inside?

Ill be happy to take photos of any part of them to show you guys, something just feels off. The fact the price was so cheap and that he is selling a second pair now makes me question my purchase. Also i PM'ed the seller asking how many pairs did he make and never got a response. Finally he has a 93% approval on ebay.

AFAIK they didn’t make NFL licensed fuel cells; I’ve never seen one before. Even if they did, it would have a sku and why are the dolphins team color blue?

Also, that frame is one of the most commonly counterfeited ones out there

Listing says Custom built (by the seller) Oakley sunglasses...
OAKLEY GASCAN NFL MIAMI DOLPHINE GASCANS PRIZM P BLACK IRIDIUM SUNGLASSES. Condition is "New with defects". Shipped with USPS First Class. 100% Authentic, brand new never used , I custom built these myself with authentic Oakley parts . No sku due to them been a warranty pair

I didn't think Oakley has warranty pairs of anything nowadays.

OAKLEY GASCAN NFL BRONCOS PRIZM POLARIZED BLACK IRIDIUM SUNGLASSES. Condition is "Pre-owned". Shipped with USPS First Class. 100% Authentic, brand new never used . These are custom

I'll pass on those. Something doesn't sit right with those listings.

I've bought from this seller and what came in was 100% legit. He sells using the auction. So if you got a pair cheap, then lucky you IMO. I seen these NFL ones as well. But stayed away because seller said he basically customized the frames to create these himself. And I'm looking for legit pairs with the SKU numbers. If you have other Gascans, you can use those to compare to the new one, to see if there's any differences.

I've bought from this seller and what came in was 100% legit. He sells using the auction. So if you got a pair cheap, then lucky you IMO. I seen these NFL ones as well. But stayed away because seller said he basically customized the frames to create these himself. And I'm looking for legit pairs with the SKU numbers. If you have other Gascans, you can use those to compare to the new one, to see if there's any differences.
To give a pen analogy (yes... I do that a lot), it's like this one ebay seller that buys a bunch of $50 Platinum pens, then they do a little cheap-o "Maki-e" paint job on it like "Mount Fuji" etc and list it for like $500 as a hand made Maki-e pen while hiding all the branding, some people noticed the exact model it was and would never bid more than 30-ish when they were in auction format, they quickly stopped doing that because everyone was getting an incredible deal on a brand new (albeit painted) Platinum PTL-5000 with a 14K gold nib for nearly half the retail.

So is that what's being attempted here? Trying to gain a little extra profit by adding teams that don't currently exist in Oakley's line up?

I took the lens out and put them in my daily use pair and they pass my Oakley polarized mirror tester and fit my frames right... just got back from las vegas this weekend and have no completes.

To give a pen analogy (yes... I do that a lot), it's like this one ebay seller that buys a bunch of $50 Platinum pens, then they do a little cheap-o "Maki-e" paint job on it like "Mount Fuji" etc and list it for like $500 as a hand made Maki-e pen while hiding all the branding, some people noticed the exact model it was and would never bid more than 30-ish when they were in auction format, they quickly stopped doing that because everyone was getting an incredible deal on a brand new (albeit painted) Platinum PTL-5000 with a 14K gold nib for nearly half the retail.

So is that what's being attempted here? Trying to gain a little extra profit by adding teams that don't currently exist in Oakley's line up?
Lol. I think just a hair unfair to compare gascan seller to someone marking up a product 1000%. As far as guys who customize pairs to make them unique? And possibly charging a little more for doing that? I'm not sure of anyone that does that here on the Forum. Only issue I clearly see concerns copyright laws.

Lol. I think just a hair unfair to compare gascan seller to someone marking up a product 1000%. As far as guys who customize pairs to make them unique? And possibly charging a little more for doing that? I'm not sure of anyone that does that here on the Forum. Only issue I clearly see concerns copyright laws.
True, assuming we're just talking about maybe $30-50 here and there difference (or less) for the customization that is said to be a customization.

But also very true about copyright laws sports teams are very aggressive about custom products using their colors and/or logos. I believe one example (can't remember the team) that was a college football team suing an Etsy shop owner for selling merchandise (shirts, mouse pads, etc etc) using their color scheme and custom artwork. They tried to argue that artwork isn't subject to copyright law (since he also had a big oil painting of the team), but the college won because the moment you start putting that artwork/logo on things like coffee mugs, it's no longer art, it's merchandise. I'd imagine the same thing would apply here.

Latest Posts

Back