• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Difference between Frogskins and the new Frogskin LX's?

Men's omatter is made in USA. Woman's omatter is made in USA and Italy. Acetate and wires are made in china. It is really that simple. The only exception that I can think of are the frame decorations (icons, metal plates, titanium plates, etc) are not made here.

so my mother just bought the crystal black with violet iridium lenses(came in white box, black text.) would those be made in china?
I have no idea why her pair does not say, but her pair does not say " Made in U.S.A." on the inside of left arm like the rest of my frogskins.

According to Playmaker, since it's a mens O-Matter frame it would be made in the USA, even though Oakley went out of their way to remove the "Made in USA" stamping on almost all of the new O-Matter frames, including the Frogskins.

i have a hard time buying the "made in USA" thing now.. my two-face's dont say made in USA, the LX's clearly say China.. whatever, i really dont care that much as long as the quality stays consistent but it is confusing

thats a weird distinction to make - theres far more o-matter than metal on them. regardless, i could care less where theyre made as long as the quality standards remain.
any idea when well be seeing replacement lenses for them, garage rocks, etc?

Wonder where the mentality "made in USA" naturally means better quality stems from.

Production is gradually shifted to Asia to save costs due to cheaper labour in this region (to the best of my knowledge, most countries in Asia dont have minimum wage law.) But the decision of what goes into the composition of the frames is still made by Oakley/lux.

So if quality of "made in elsewhere" frames are really worse off, is it really the location of manufacturing that's to be blamed?

Back