• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Difference Between X-Metal and Carbon Color

jracsis

Oakley Expert
PH
Hi, I had been searching the forum for this but I cannot find a definite answer. What is the difference between the X-Metal and Carbon frame color?

Right. Though "x-metal" can refer to a product line, a material, or a finish color, the x-metal finish color is flat dark grey. Carbon may be made of the x-metal material but the finish color is a kinda satin black. In certain bad lighting conditions one can resemble the other but otherwise they're quite distinct.

Thanks. I get confused in identifying the 2 colors. This has a carbon color frame right?

DSC_0772.jpg

That is actually a Ducati Carbon if I'm not mistaken. Most Ducati pairs on the market were not serialised - only the Japanese release I believe. The arm rubber would originally have been red. Nice set!

Hey. You are right. That is indeed a Ducati Juliet. I just had it tuned up and replaced the earsocks and tshocks with black Linegear rubbers. Just not sure of the frame color as these are bought way back 2004. This has a serial number though.

That is actually a Ducati Carbon if I'm not mistaken. Most Ducati pairs on the market were not serialised - only the Japanese release I believe. The arm rubber would originally have been red. Nice set!

How did you know it is a Ducati? Do you think I should install red earsocks and tshocks instead to bring back the Ducati look?

Maybe your thinking about Ichiros. Really I thought first few generations of Ducati had Serail and then middle runs had none. The last generation all had same numbers that would mainly identify frame, lenses and such.

Back