• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Disappointing O store visit

SiRacer420

BWPMF
Premium Member
Lifetime Member
NOLA
My parents took the kids today so my wife and I went for a drive. We sided to go the hour to the nearest O store, in the Mall of Louisiana in Baton Rogue. I figured I'd use my last F&F coupon and get the blue B1B frog and a free dog tag. I ordered the red yesterday.

When I walked in, the girl immediately reached out for the crater on my head. I recoiled and almost hissed at her. Lol. She asked what they were and could she hold them. I started to take them off and told her to be careful, she said she was going to clean them for me. I put them right back on my head and no thank you! So I told her why I was there and she said " Oh you have to spend $100 after the 30% to get the dog tag." I didn't bother to argue with her that I had just ordered the red one and the total was 80.08 and I got it. So I found a tee shirt and a bag that I wanted. She goes to the back to get the frog. Meanwhile the guy sees the crater and asks what kind they are. I said Mars, he asked who makes those, I sighed and said Oakley several years back.

So I'm roaming around waiting for the girl to return when I notice her ringing up some guy. So I ask her what's up. She wiping off the frog and tells me it's the last one. She wants me to look at it because it has a few Knicks and scratches. I said no thanks I don't want a display unless you're gonna cut the price in half. So I found the Ferrari Jupiter Carbon. Asked the guy how much. He had no idea. Also only the display was left. He tried to show me that it only had a few scratches on the lenses. I said no thanks.

So we walked out and went to SGH upstairs. The girl there didn't have anything good but she was super excited to learn all about X Metal and Mars and the PB2 in had on me as well.

So overall my visit sucked. I wish I had a vault nearby.

OMGOSH. You almost hissed at her, like a rattlesnake!?!?!? I don't blame ya, those metals are something else.

Why does this always come as a shock to people...

Some of these kids weren't even alive when the first Mars rolled off the line....

One of they guys in one of the NY stores asked me which model my Pit Boss was. I said sorry. It's not a PB. It's a C-6
Granted I don't work for Oakley but I had no idea the C6 was a thing until I joined here. I probably would have mixed the two up myself a few years ago.

Maybe Oakley should just make new hires register here.

Back