• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Distorted RX Oakley sunglasses....

Thank you for the additional insight. We have not been lucky with this pair. First we were told by Oakley that Black Iridium VR28 lenses are not available, and that a close replacement is a Black Iridium Prizm lens, only to receive some pink lenses with pink mirror finish, and then we were told that Black Iridium Prizm is not available in RX, and so we settled on Titanium Iridium, but now this set is not working well. Our optician is on vacation, but we will see what options are available to my wife... Good luck with your new lenses - please let us know if the problem was corrected.

That's very interesting as my lenses are black iridium prizm lenses and sure as beans, they are RX. Your wife may have a perscription that is limiting lense choice? Unsure of this but i hope it gets settled for you by your optician....

That is strange... I just went on Oakley's website and can't even find any mention of RX for their sunglasses as an option - so maybe they are stopping to make RX sunglass lenses?

That is strange... I just went on Oakley's website and can't even find any mention of RX for their sunglasses as an option - so maybe they are stopping to make RX sunglass lenses?

Oakley

Look under RX Sun. You need to select the menu then technology.

I see it... thank you.

I've been looking at my wife's new RX lenses and it looks to me like the outer edges are distorting the view - it's literally 5mm stripe on the outer edge, and when she's driving that makes the view feel like there is water in her eye... When I compared these lenses to her previous set - there was no distortion all the way to the edge - these were maybe 3 year old lenses.

Is this distortion normal? None of my Oakley RX Sunglasses have it (but another lens maker just sent me a pair that have the same distortion as my wife's Oakley RX lenses and I'm having a headache from them right now).

Last edited:
Back