• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Does anyone under 30 wear Oakleys?

TL;DR almost nobody young wears oakley outside of sports but the few people who do are actually considered cool

You don’t look a day over 25❤️
giphy.gif

27 here and rocking the old school and relaunches of old school every damn day.

Current daily wear is Black/Chrome Splice, new Black Chopsaw’s and Black Face MM.

That post apocalyptic wear 😂

I'm 48, and have been a fan since high school.
They used to be the "coolest" glasses any kid could own, because it took six months savings for a pair of Frog Skins.....M frames etc were well beyond reach.
I've always thought they were on the edge of fashion and now being older, within reason, can buy whatever pairs I like.
Having posted and viewed the "what are you wearing today" noticed the vast majority of us are older 😬 as in 35+
So, are young ppl buying them, and just not into forums as forums are an older medium on the net.
Or we just like our parents who thought their music was cool, while kids cringed.....wearing wild looking glasses we think are cool? And the youth are cringing at us old timers

Im beginning to think the latter 🤔🤣
Generally, I feel the same, mostly for older guys 35+, rarely do I see someone in there 20s and never someone in thier teens wearing Oakleys, my kids think Oakleys are cringe and are for divorced dads which is okay. If you like something, who cares what everyone, especially younger people think.

My younger son (24) wears Oakleys - both Radar EV Pitch, for golf and baseball, and Batwolf and Fuel Cell for casual use. Most of his HS teammates wore Oakley for baseball (I have no idea what/if they where them outside of that).

I'll be 40 this year, but you'd never guess that.

elkreke0r2421-2779081507.jpg

Same boat; first pair of Oakleys, I used my high school graduation money to buy back in 2002. By 2022, I had an overflowing case of sunglasses with ease. Equal parts nostalgia, doing good financially, and the thrill of collecting. The biggest thing I can think of is Oakley of today is less groundbreaking, so kids aren't interested as they're just sunglasses. If there were better marketing like the 90's, they'd catch on again; just look what people did over Stanley tumblers a few months back.

My girlfriend (29) and her family became Oakley fans because of me. Her mom and younger sister (25) have been wearing Oakleys for the past few years. 👍

Back