• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Does anyone under 30 wear Oakleys?

I think things are different over here in Europe to the US. But a few other people said it before.

You basically see very few people wearing Oakley Lifestyle glasses, no matter the age.
But for sports glasses Oakley is the thing, again no matter the age.
You see many cyclists / triathletes/ runners / Nordic skiers wearing Radar EV’s Sutros or Encoders. Including the youngest. They are the sports sunglasses you need to have for sure.

In that Case you even see them much more than some 15-20 years back.

So again not a question of age, rather a question of different markets.
Yeah, when the baseball kids come to town for their tournaments they are all wearing Sutros, Flaks or Radar EV’s.

For casual wear I occasionally see Gascans but pretty much never see the stuff we love the most and wear on here.

I will agree with loving the older stuff. I just don't understand the hype with the x metals. So heavy and not comfortable at all compared the the magnesium's and others. In my opinion. I laugh at how the Romeos are more expensive than the Juliets now. Nobody wanted the Romeos back then. Small was in style when those glasses came out and you couldn't give the Romeos away. This is me at Sea World in like 2001 or 2002 ish in my plazma fires.

68550228086__00D28424-6E34-426F-8606-B9548A4257AB.jpg

me juliets 2.jpg

I will agree with loving the older stuff. I just don't understand the hype with the x metals. So heavy and not comfortable at all compared the the magnesium's and others. In my opinion. I laugh at how the Romeos are more expensive than the Juliets now. Nobody wanted the Romeos back then. Small was in style when those glasses came out and you couldn't give the Romeos away. This is me at Sea World in like 2001 or 2002 ish in my plazma fires.

View attachment 1126976

View attachment 1126978
Looks like a XX.

My son rides the local school's mountain bike league, and 1 out of 5 kids are riding with Oakleys. So the 8-13 age group of Oakley fan club is growing.

I might get a bit of flak for saying this,🤣🤣🤣 ,but I started buying and wearing Oakleys (RX) way back in my late 20s,I’m 62 now,and all my frames Romeos,Juliets, and later A-wires,Square wires and Eyejackets are all from the era when Oakley were independent and arguably made the highest quality frames on the planet,particularly the X metal range.
The new models are a sad faded ghost of those that came before.
As a result it’s us oldies or maybe not quite so oldies who grew up with them and appreciate the real quality of the older models.
Right I said it……..fire away
All the best 😉

You are good “young man”😉. I got a couple years on ya and wore and wear em myself since the 90s 🪖👍

Plenty of gray hair going on around here 😏

New people who are interested in oakleys like me do buy old model too ! I’m in my 20s and I’m more attracted by old models and x-metal or m-experiment which is closer to early 21 century Oakley than modern Oakley. I think people who aren’t really interested will never know what great sunglasses feels like and that’s why a lot are okay with the newer models which are pretty bad for us the one who KNOWS what’s best
good for you mate,I remember buying my first pair of Juliets,which are currently being reglazed to my prescription.I paid about £140-00 for the frames and prescription lenses back then,my optician is very good and my new Rx lenses are £280 fitted into my original juliets.The prices of these frames today is staggering.
All the best

View attachment 1126976

View attachment 1126978
I guess it depends on the fit,I find the Romeos and juliets incredibly comfortable,maybe just my headshape.Mine are day wear,mountainbiking wear,canoeingwear,everything and the frames are as good today as they were decades ago when I bought them new.We all have different shaped heads so what fits me won’t necessarily be good for you and vice versa.I had apair of the magnesium frames for a few years,sadly they just weren’t tough enough so went back to the titanium and no problems since.
All the best

Back