• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Does anyone under 30 wear Oakleys?

A good Question. For my Two Cents Worth I think that there is still a relatively healthy interest in O as they continue to back promote through Sports such as Athletics, Cycling & Motorsport so that impressionable demigraphic are still "on the hook" so to speak. As an Older Forum member that is how I got into O (just as I was saying goodbye to my Twenties) in the mid nineties. I may have known about the Motorcross stuff but it kind of crisscrossed as JJ was getting big in that sector my interest in MX was lessening & fully concentrated on the Road Racing Side of things. Which was great when firstly the Wires then the XM range came out....

Going forward I have to ask myself as to whether I will want to keep something that possibly in the future my Eyesight will prohibit me from wearing. A question a few on here a few will (and some already have) be asking themselves no doubt........

KIMG3030.JPG

All 3 of my daughters have them and the older two I made them pay for half of their first pair, so they'd appreciate and take care of them more. Yes, I found them deals on here, so it wasn't near as much as retail. :) The youngest was wearing the same pair of half pints the others wore early on. Gotta start them young!

A good Question. For my Two Cents Worth I think that there is still a relatively healthy interest in O as they continue to back promote through Sports such as Athletics, Cycling & Motorsport so that impressionable demigraphic are still "on the hook" so to speak. As an Older Forum member that is how I got into O (just as I was saying goodbye to my Twenties) in the mid nineties. I may have known about the Motorcross stuff but it kind of crisscrossed as JJ was getting big in that sector my interest in MX was lessening & fully concentrated on the Road Racing Side of things. Which was great when firstly the Wires then the XM range came out....

Going forward I have to ask myself as to whether I will want to keep something that possibly in the future my Eyesight will prohibit me from wearing. A question a few on here a few will (and some already have) be asking themselves no doubt........
Just because your eyesight goes bad does not mean you have to stop wearing Oakleys........

Just say **** it !!

9594f556cbf5ca4acc4a013dd1578d3ad5a2f4ae.gif

I umpire, mostly 14-18 year olds, about 150 games a year, and based on that I'd say Oakley is BY FAR the #1 sunglass brand of those players. Amazing how many even "wear" them on their brims for night games just for the style apparently.

Back