• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Does Radar EV “Break In”??

Drewavi

Oakley Beginner
Hello all, I just received my first pair of EV Pitch frames (custom from Oakley) and wore them for the first time today for about 2 hours straight. When I took them off I felt a bit of discomfort behind my ears. I know these have more of a snug fit, but were wondering the more I wore them if they would in a sense mold better to my head and fit more comfortably. I love them, just didn’t know since this is my first pair.

Any replies would be great! Thank you

I don't think the frame will break in as much as your head could just get used to it.

The plastic isn't really going to fatigue and start to stretch. I'd give them a few more days. If you can't stand it, return them and get a wider frame. I've had plenty of frames I just couldn't deal with for the same reason.

If your into Sheild lenses,, maybe a radarlock would fit better. I feel they aren't as tight as a Radar EV.

Wear a hat and wear them stems out :) like this

417AC2FE-B859-4A0D-A3D5-D90754E720F0.jpeg

I don't think the frame will break in as much as your head could just get used to it.

The plastic isn't really going to fatigue and start to stretch. I'd give them a few more days. If you can't stand it, return them and get a wider frame. I've had plenty of frames I just couldn't deal with for the same reason.

If your into Sheild lenses,, maybe a radarlock would fit better. I feel they aren't as tight as a Radar EV.
Thank you for the reply! Is there a wider frame option for the Radar EV?

Yes. The Asian fit ones sit wider on the sides of the head.

Do they?

It’s hard to tell with Oakley. I know for many frames the only difference with Low Bridge Fit or Alternative Fit is which Nosebombs are installed by default. They stopped calling it Asian Fit a while back.

On the other hand, for some frames the alt fit results in completely different lenses and sometimes a different base curve. (Reduced from 8.75 to 6 or so)

Back