• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Does Radar EV “Break In”??

Do they?

It’s hard to tell with Oakley. I know for many frames the only difference with Low Bridge Fit or Alternative Fit is which Nosebombs are installed by default. They stopped calling it Asian Fit a while back.

On the other hand, for some frames the alt fit results in completely different lenses and sometimes a different base curve. (Reduced from 8.75 to 6 or so)
Yes (even the AF lenses are cut differently) . The original Radars are also like that (Asian fit frames sit wider than regular ones).

Radarlocks, on the other hand, only differed in the nose bombs.

I had posted a couple of pics of AF Radar EVs and regular fit ones side by side here in the past where the difference is easily noticeable (I took the pic from above). I'd have to look into hundreds of posts of mine here yo locate it though. I may still have one laying around here. If I do I will take another pic.

I have tried the Asian fit radar ev and agree they fit slightly wider (but it feels a lot better on a wide face). Here’s an older thread that discusses this:

Latest Posts

Back